Wireless sender.

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys..anyone use a wireless sender from sly box to another room..
Looking for a sender/receiver with IR..I have a sly box in lounge and looking to send it to use it in bedroom...
Anyone got a tried and tested set up...
Cheers AJT.

They're 'orrible! Wherever you get one from (unless it's at a boot sale for <£2) make sure you can return it for a refund of it doesn't work. 'Cos chances are, it won't. In the good old days the 2.4 GHz ones worked OK, but now that spectrum is so crowded you may toil to find a clear frequency. And the new generation 5.8Ghz ones aren't worth a sook. Can't you get a co-ax cable through?

hdmi to rj45 and home plugs might work well then just get a ir sender for remote

hdmi to rj45 and home plugs might work well then just get a ir sender for remote

Doubt it m8, I don't think the HDMI - RJ45 adapters convert to IP. I know you can get wireless HDMI senders, but at a price- then you'd also need a HDMI splitter behind the Sly box, £, £ & more £££!!

I may be able to go down the cable route..i have read you need to turn on the port or something in settings on box for an output on the back..
so if i do this where do i connect output cable on sly box,what type of cable do i need etc and then what?..
My box is a sly HD+.
many thanks.

I may be able to go down the cable route..i have read you need to turn on the port or something in settings on box for an output on the back..
so if i do this where do i connect output cable on sly box,what type of cable do i need etc and then what?..
My box is a sly HD+.
many thanks.

If you look round the back of the box, there are two RF OUT sockets, no.2 is labelled +9V DC. You switch on the 9V (purely to power up the magic eye) via the services menu- Services, 0, 0, 1, Select, 4 and you'll see the power option. Green button to save. (You can try it now to see).
Connect your bedroom cable to the RF2 socket with a female co-ax plug, into the aerial socket of the bedroom TV & tune to channel 68. Seemples!

Okay looked on back of my sly box and I don't have any RF ports.
The only outputs I have are the normal HDMI and the 3 AV outputs and a I/o port so I will have to try a different way to send picture to bedroom.

Last edited:
Okay looked on back of my sly box and I don't have any RF ports.
The only outputs I have are the normal HDMI and the 3 AV outputs so I will have to try a different way to send picture to bedroom.

Hmm, must be a fairly new one then. You could try the wireless route (subject of course to the option of a refund if it doesn't work)

OR

get one of Global's new i/o gizmos. I've not seen one in the flesh, but I gather it plugs into a small port on the rear. It replicates the old RF2 socket, costs around £30 apparently.

what hh ment is cat 5 and cat 5e are not fast enuf to carry hdmi
the way these work is it uses 2 cables if cat5e or 1 if cat6
I have used then on a club install and work fine its the remote you have the problem with
also you may need an hdmi splitter to split your signal if your using hdmi to tv

Im going to try and use the I/O output.
I have 2 feeds from my Aerial one into lounge and one into bedroom.
I wonder if i put the output from box into aerial socket in lounge and see if it will send feed to aerial socket in the bedroom..after all they are linked..i wonder....

Ive had a xanta hdmi setup for over 2yrs was working great until the receiver packed up only the other day , just picked up a startech.com replacement set , which looks exactly the same as my old set but with £100 price increase :-/

Im going to try and use the I/O output.
I have 2 feeds from my Aerial one into lounge and one into bedroom.
I wonder if i put the output from box into aerial socket in lounge and see if it will send feed to aerial socket in the bedroom..after all they are linked..i wonder....

You may pick up the picture & sound (though it may be a bit 'diluted', depending on how many sockets/splitters there are on the way) but it's a good start at least. If it works ok you may be lucky with the IR part, but for that to work you will need a continuous cable with no splits between the Sly box & the bedroom.

Yes I have ordered a I/O-RF adapter and I have magic eye and extra sky remote plus all the cable to do it direct should I need too.Going to try it via sockets to begin with if no good will do it the conventional way..

Back