wireless security

nemesis1975

Inactive User
Reaction score
whats the easiest and quickest way to make my network secure ive enabled mac filters for my laptop and pc is that enough.

You could enable WEP on your router and laptop just to make sure m8

Cheers

nilrem said:
You could enable WEP on your router and laptop just to make sure m8

Cheers
thanks mate ill look into that but mac filterings a good start yes?

Last edited:
i want to enable wep with 128bit encryption but need a 26 digit hexadecimal key whats that ?

What its asking is for you to come up with a WEP key (passsword) that is 26 characters long using only the numbers from 0-9 and letters from A-F , u then enter this in to you router and you will prompted to enter it again on your laptop when u try to connect to your router.

Cheers

nilrem said:
What its asking is for you to come up with a WEP key (passsword) that is 26 characters long using only the numbers from 0-9 and letters from A-F , u then enter this in to you router and you will prompted to enter it again on your laptop when u try to connect to your router.

Cheers
eah i googled for it and i get the 0-5 and a-f part its just when i put 26 digits in i get an error saying key 1 must be equal to 26

Hex is 0 - 9 and A - F, as stated above. as long as you make up a 26 character string containing these digets you it should be ok. hust make sure your router is expecting hex as some now accept mny forms then convert it to hex without you knowing.

Capdan

Back