Wireless Networking

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 4 bloody hours to a netgear call centre

FrenziedHobbit said:
It could be worse......you could have bought belkin stuff!!

Always used Belkin stuff and never had a issue with it. You get more info and help reading through websites than talking to someone on the phone.

What's up anyway Paul? Maybe someone can help you here if it's a set up issue?

I've got Netgear MA814 router and MA111 usb wireless adapter.

They were a complete nightmare to set-up, and it was more a case of trial and error to get the thing working in the end. I've had no end of problems, including having the pc re-boot itself after inserting the USB adapter. Things seem to be working ok under XP now I've got it all set up.

Things to check:

If you've got access control swiched on, then you need to log on to the router and add your wireless adapter to the wireless card access list. This is effectively the same as "pairing" two mobiles using bluetooth, and the pc will not recognise the router without it.

Also, I couldn't get the netgear software working at all, it showed a full signal strength from the router, but just would not talk to it, so in the end I uninstalled the netgear software, and just used the windows wireless network software, which works fine.

Hope this helps, good luck!

:comp1:

digidude said:
does it work then m8?

Yes it does Digi after all there help (ha ha ha ha ) i done a system restore and it worked fine, Why i never thought of that first i dont know lol.....

Back