Wireless Network Adaptor...!!!

safire

Inactive User
Reaction score
I want to use a wireless network adaptor on my 360 but the one Xbox sells costs between £50 - £60...!!!

Can i only use this one, or can i buy an alternative usb wireless adaptor...???

They do sell a cheaper one but ive heard its best too get the microsoft one for the bit extra :)

Scroll down for the reviews [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Wireless-Adapter-Xbox-360/dp/B000ENREM0/ref=sr_1_7/202-4076357-0833423?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1179066815&sr=1-7[/ame]

some places have the official one for this much, pc world for example had them on in certain areas for 45.

Thanks guys for all your help...not too sure if i'm willing to spend that kind of money as yet on an adaptor...!!!

I guess i'll just wait a bit longer and see if anything else comes along.

Possibly may even hunt around around for a second.

Thank again guys...!!!

Same ere m8 bit too expensive for me at the mo,dont know how far from your router the 360 is but i got my ethernet cable out of the 360 box and it connects too me 360 no probs (apart from warning the kids not too trip over it lol) just updated me 360 and got loads of demos :) and a months gold membership for free :)

if you have a laptop you could set that up with a crossover cable and use it as a hauge wirless adapter?

or you can bridge your wireless and ethernet connection and then just use the network cable to connect to xbox live.

The way i'm running things at the moment is...My router is on top of the telly, my xbox on the side of it linked by a network cable and everything is working perfectly...the only reason i asked about the adaptor was so i could take the router upstairs...but it's no big deal...!!!

Thanks guys for all your input...!!!

got my son a wireless adapter for his xbox, spent weeks on the net and on the phone to microsoft as it didnt work it kept dropping off...i checked it was compatable with my router and spent hours doing adjustments on the tech helpline in the end i ran a cable ..in my eyes its a waste as i cant get a refund for it as it is not faulty...

Back