Wireless Modem for NTL Broadband

F

fabdino

Just ordered NTL Broadband and wanted to setup a wireless network. Any suggestions on which router to use or which to avoid???

if you just want a simple to set up cheap wireless router and are not concerned about wireless speeds and will just be web browsing off the 2nd machine then something like this will do:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51436

other than that it helps to know more about what you want to do, do you heavily use p2p? do you want top notch data transfer speeds between machines? do you plan to set up things like vpn and suchwhat?

thanks for the advice........it wouldn't be heavily used as a p2p network, just mainly for web browsing and the odd file transfer between my PC and laptop

Cheers NiKEUS

I chose the Buffalo G54 Air Station. Very pleased with it.

Personally I've encountered a lot of different routers e.t.c and found the Netgear range to be robust, reliable and as easy as pie to configure. I'm still using an 802.11b router as I don't do a lot of file tx's between pc's but I do have 5 sharing the same router with wep and mac address security enabled. Does everyone in mia cassa muy bien.

Back