Wireless Lag.

d34n

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi was just wondering if any1 can help me out with this problem ive been having.

i hav a linksys adsl router.

here my problem... when playing online games i tend to get lag spikes which is really annoying, ive asked other ppl on wireless if they get lag and most say no...so was just wondering if any1 knows y i get lag?

tbh aint got a clue of the wireless networking side :p and i dint set the network up, but im guessing it could be wrong then?

This is the way have my network setup

Doing thing high up the range so

Router is xxx.xxx.xxx.250
Printserver xxx.xxx.xxx.251
Bridge xxx.xxx.xxx.252

PC's

Server xxx.xxx.xxx.1 Wired
Lappy 1 xxx.xxx.xxx.2 Wireless
Lappy 2 xxx.xxx.xxx.3 Wireless
PDA xxx.xxx.xxx.4 Wireless
XBOX xxx.xxx.xxx.5 Wireless via bridge.

As you can see I do not use DHCP, pain in the ass.

Before we setup security we get the network working.

So Server is hard wired with a i
IP of xxx.xxx.xxx.1
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.250 < Note Router IP address

DNS Primary from ISP
DNS Secondary from ISP

Your router will tell you these when connected to BB.

Follow these instructions and you should be onto a winner.

remember wired and wireless have exactly the same basic config. the only diference is the security required

heh im stupid, i wont tell ya what i studied at college, lol. for some reason i had it in my head that wireless was different =/

lol...The only difference is the physical layer....

one used wired hardware and the other uses wireless hardware....the wires are replaced by radio signals and the radio signals are replaced by copper;)

d34n said:
hi was just wondering if any1 can help me out with this problem ive been having.

i hav a linksys adsl router.

here my problem... when playing online games i tend to get lag spikes which is really annoying, ive asked other ppl on wireless if they get lag and most say no...so was just wondering if any1 knows y i get lag?

Wot is ure signal strength like?? Poor signal could cause lag spikes.

It maybe obvious but to u run WEP??
The number of times i have seen this problem because someone runs there WIFI without WEP.

Another reason might b ure ISP is just slow (u not mention which ISP u use). Bulldog r crap. Nildram and Pipex might offer u a more stable connection.

Back