winrar file not working

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys ! problem is ive downloaded a game and its a winrar file, when i open it , it extracts up to the 100% but it comes up the archive is either unknown format or damaged ! have i wasted my time downloading it ! it was a scrubbed game and i know pal is europe so its not the wrong format...cheers any info is appreciated....!

where did you download it ffrom?

might just be a corrupt file,

pm me the link...

when i done them from pirate bay they would go into my downloads , then wen i opened it there would be loads and all i had to do was click on any 1 of them and it would extract and then turn into an iso file but these dont, it seems to stay as arar file..!

is it showing up as one rar file?

are you sure you havent downloaded a disk image?
disk images can be associated with winrar, therefore look like rar files.

is it one big file 4.7gig?

theres 2 quotes beside it ! both saying " works great on usb loader and the other says works gr8 on 4,3u s/m usb loader gx

i think you have the wii iso, but it is associated with winrar.

1: right click on the file
2: select properties
3: look what it says for file type. it will proberly say disk image file.

if it does then then look what it opens with, it will say winrar, if you click the change button and change it to windows disk imageburner, then the file will show up as an iso....

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
done that and you were right m8 so i changed it to imgburn and the file says its a disc image file, is that just the games case picture or is it the game !!

well all you have to do is burn the image to a dvd-r (i could never get dvd+r's to work with wii games) and see if it works.. :)

burned it to disc guys and working great, thanks so much for your help its very much appreciated, if it werent for yous guys i probably would have deleted the file !! thanks

burned the iso onto disc and it works gr8 thank you very much for your help! i also downloaded a wbfs file with selected games in , ive tried putting it into wii backup manager to try and convert to disc like you do when you back your games up but the file doesnt go in just the coloured bar goes up , i dont understand that bit ive only used the backup manager to back my originals up !!! cheers can anyone enlighten me plzzz

If you go into folder options in control panel and untick "Hide extensions for known file types" makes it easier to spot this sort of thing.

start wii backup manager,
then click either "files" or f"older" and browse to wbfs file
then click "add"
then click "transfer"
then click "iso"
thats all you do m8

start wii backup manager,
then click either "files" or f"older" and browse to wbfs file
then click "add"
then click "transfer"
then click "iso"
thats all you do m8

ive just tried that m8! done it both ways clicked files then add went to wbfs file clicked add the top half of the wii backup manager splits into two halfs and on the left it goes in in red writing , but when i click on the transfer the iso and others arent lit up so i cant click on them , if you know what i mean.....!

mmm no,
u have lossed me a bit lol, are you on msn or skype?

nor m8 ! i always think msn slows the lappy down! when you open wii backup manager theres a image of a disc and a wii case at the left ! on the right the screen is split into 2 a top half and a bottom half.....when i go thru the process what you said start manager , click files or folders, go to the file , click add , then the top half on the right splits and just under original title changes and goes to adding files , ive tried putting the files in seperate because theres a few in the folder and ive tried putting the full folder in , but when i go to transfer the drop down menu comes up but nothing is lit up its faded so i cant click on it to transfer to iso..... hope that has described it a bit better for you!

you mean the transfer window options are blacked out?
stoopid question, but you have selected files by ticking the boxes next to the files like here???

Capture.JPG

the download was a file with 9 different games im hoping! all in wbfs....the picture you have put on above ! thats what i get when i first opn the wii b-u-manager, where the red circle is on your pic thats under game id ,along to that is game title,the next is original title.... when i click add on the file im trying to do original title changes to adding files ,under that theres 2 green bars total 100% finished then below that the file in red writing! wen i try transfer they are shaded out!!

Back