Windows Vista SP2 Now Available for Download

totalgenius

Inactive User
Reaction score
Get your SP2 here!

Although those of us on the bleeding edge of Windows have already moved onto the first release candidate of Windows 7, it’s Vista that’s still the current ‘stable’ version.

Microsoft today has released to the public Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista. SP1 did wonders for Windows Vista, so hopefully SP2 will continue that tradition.

Some of the key benefits of Windows Vista SP2 include:

Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches

Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth Technology

Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista

Adds Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi Configuration

Windows Vista SP2 enables the exFAT file system to support UTC timestamps, which allows correct file synchronization across time zones.

Download links:

32-bit Windows Vista SP2

64-bit Windows Vista SP2

Windows Vista SP2 Now Available for Download - Tom's Hardware

just uninstalling my pre released one to install this one , cheers

I normally wait a week or so before installing major updates like this but I've just done this one (90 mins though, mid-spec laptop & 10MB BB) & ok so far. Fingers crossed for no issues later.
HH.

Is this generic .? Because im on vista ultimate if you know what i mean ..

Well the first problem with vista sp2, when everything was installed and it restarted for the last time the recycle bin had fecked off, hope this isn't the start of many probs or its getting binned lol.

:Cheers:

same here, all fine so far:Clap:

just noticed its reverted to US keyboard layout but the default is still UK, strange, changed and now back to normal

Last edited:
installed fine here - on dell vista ulimate - only odd thing I noticed was I've now run out of coffee - I had coffee before I installed it and now I dont - wierd eh?

Another problem volume control icon has fecked off too, that's it 2 strikes now god knows what else I will find, it's now being uninstalled as we speak, hope you guys have better luck, I'm no taken any chances lol.

:Cheers:

Cheers mate didnt relise it has been released yet.Backing my system up now then ill install it.

Back