Windows taskbar changes! Help please!

primal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have a problem with my PC, when i start it up my windows taskbar automatically changes to the classic view without me doing anything, when i click on the volume button in my taskbar that doesnt work either, an error message comes up saying:

'There are no active mixer devices. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel click printers and other hardware and then click add hardware, this program will now close.'

The volume does work when it doesnt change to the classic view but when it changes then it doesnt so i have got the software installed, but i dont know how to fix this, its really annoying me. I have done a virus scan and still nothing works i will post a screenshot of my taskbar.

Please help, thanks!

it sounds like a corrupt profile. to check...create a new user. login as that account. if all is ok in the new user then your profile is corrupt.

It happens on all of the profiles, i dont think it is that, i think it might be my windows updates they are not installing, any idea how to install them? it just says the updates cannot be installed.

thanks for the reply!

if u go into my computer and system setting and then advanced .in performance settings change to let windows manage or best settings or click another one if thats already clicked and then see m8

if u go into my computer and system setting and then advanced .in performance settings change to let windows manage or best settings or click another one if thats already clicked and then see m8

Its already set to let windows choose whats best for my computer m8! I think its because of my windows updates, they are not installing, has anyone got any idea on how to install them, its only the updates for microsoft office such as excel, word, publisher....etc.

They dont install i dont know why so can someone help me on how to install them.

Thanks for the reply smirnoff! :)

What allroad ment was do a system restore to a few days back when you didnt have the problem

Will i lose all my things tho if i do a system restore?

Does anyone know how to sort the updates out for microsoft office? They wont install for me. Thanks for the reply timekeeper.

System restore a part of windows xp takes snapshots of your system at times when you have made vital changes like installed a new device driver , these restore points can roll back you computer to a previous state , which you can undo again if it didnt resolve the problem

Run it and see , its in start menu>program files>accessories>system tools>

System restore a part of windows xp takes snapshots of your system at times when you have made vital changes like installed a new device driver , these restore points can roll back you computer to a previous state , which you can undo again if it didnt resolve the problem

Run it and see , its in start menu>program files>accessories>system tools>

Ill give it a go and ill let u know how i get on thank a lot for replying! :)

I think i sorted the problem out. I downloaded the windows updates and it seems to be ok! Thanks to everyone who posted! :)

Back