Windows PC for DVB-C dreambox style

ncohen

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I live in Switzerland and I would like to install a DVB-C device into my PC. I heard that I can descramble the swiss cable signal with a dreambox 500c. My question is can I make this job with a windows PC and a DVB-C device?

I don't really understand how the descrambling work in a dreambox DVB-C but what I understood is that I need an emulator and keys. Does someone have a good tutorial to understand how to do it? name of emulator...
What DVB-C device should I buy to be compatible with descrambling (PCI and USB)?

Thanks everyone!

no idea about swiss cable but any dvb-c capable device that has bda drivers shoudl be fine - they arent absolutely essential but give you more options on the frontend and pluggin front

your best idea would be to ask on the forums where swiss people have stated they have successfully opened channels on your cable network - you may find they are only using linux type boxes and not windows ones etc which limits your hardware choices as not all dvb-c stuff has linux drivers

Thank you for your answer! I just know that with the dreambox 500c and gemini, it works (my friend has it)... so what I understand from your answer is; if it has the driver (btw what means bda drivers?) for windows, it should work.
But which program should I use for descrambling? Does it work with the same softcam.key file?

Thanks and happy new year!

Oh, one more thing, is it possible to watch the descrambled channels in windows media center?

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer! I just know that with the dreambox 500c and gemini, it works (my friend has it)...
Ok thats going to help you

But which program should I use for descrambling? Does it work with the same softcam.key file?
You need a dvb player like progdvb or dvb dream they will tune in channels & record, in them you will find plugins (vplug is one) that will clear the channels, you can import your freinds softcam.key file & autoroll files to make it AU

i have two DVB-C cards to sell if you are interested mate

they have bda drivers so they should be of use to you

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Oh, one more thing, is it possible to watch the descrambled channels in windows media center?

to do this u really need a floppydtv card & hardcam set up for which u will need a suitable cam, smartcard & programmer for the smartcard.

unfortunately floppydtvs are not manufactured anymore but keep checking e*bay uk with N3 rolling out here, theres likely to be a few for sale soon.

to do this u really need a floppydtv card & hardcam set up for which u will need a suitable cam, smartcard & programmer for the smartcard.

unfortunately floppydtvs are not manufactured anymore but keep checking e*bay uk with N3 rolling out here, theres likely to be a few for sale soon.

any dvb-c card would allow him to do this? either hardcam or softcam?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

any dvb-c card would allow him to do this? either hardcam or softcam?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

not if u want to use windows mce.....one thing mce doesn't support softcam and floppydtv is the only card i know that has the app to act as a dvb-t card.

u can use dvbsbridge but i've never tried that.....

u using mce with another card?

dvbsbridge has been superceded by dvblink tvsource. goto dvblogic to check it out (free trial). It works fantastic, all channels available in MCE with Softcam.
Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for these information... I think I'll buy a DVB-C card for my media center and will use prog, vplug and dvblink which seems to work (what people say on other forums...).

One more thing... what does exactly vplug do?

and

Does anyone know if a mini pci-e dvb-c card exists?

Thank you very much!

Thanks everyone for these information... I think I'll buy a DVB-C card for my media center and will use prog, vplug and dvblink which seems to work (what people say on other forums...).

One more thing... what does exactly vplug do?

and

Does anyone know if a mini pci-e dvb-c card exists?

Thank you very much!

vplug does the decryption,

no mini dvb-c card i know of but floppydtv uses firewire so u can lay the board flat if u want

cheers

I spotted a TerraTec H7 and TerraTec H5 the other day.

http://www.terratec.net/en/products/TerraTec_H7_91101.html

USB connected DVB-C, H7 has CI slot, I think, don't know if they can be made to work with WMC although the info I found suggested there was fake DVB-T drivers. Might be made to work with DVBLink (or whatever it's called now).

Edit, it's listed as a hybrid tuner, which USUALLY means it does either DVB-T OR DVB-C at the same time, but not both together.

Last edited:
Back