Windows 7 P.O.S

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
mate got a new desktop with Windows 7 Home Ultimate and what a piece of shit operating system it is

within 10 mins of starting up got an application error.. typical

updates got downloaded and installed and rebooted and now the screen was stuck on the message

"Preparing To Configure Windows Please fukin wait....

This was 1 hour ago so left it like that

wtf is going on .. I use XP and never had any problems

another reason I will never move onto the piece of shit Windows 7

I really hope the final message will be

"you should have gone for Linux as Microsoft Windows 7 is a wank of an operating system..hahahahahahaha"

Last edited:
For who? Packard Bell users? :)

Can't say I've ever seen the problem myself, and I'm constantly re-installing OS'es.

Maybe it's getting mucked up as the machine is indexing at the time?

do you install from standard off the shelf copy of Win 7 or OEM copies, from what I have read this happens with alot of OEM copies from the likes of Compaq/HP, Toshiba and Packard Bell.

update

after 7 hours Windows 7 finally booted up to the desktop

then another 1 hour to remove all the shite Packard Bell add to the install of Windows 7 now the operating system seems to be more stable.

still bit pissed why an operating system, barely used for an hour would take 7 hours to update some settings. This isnt a shiity PC with 128 MB RAM and a Celeron 400Mhz CPU but a good speced machine.....As I said in earlier in the thread, this is a known issue with new install of Windows 7 and updates.

Is this what your talking about Microsoft Investigating Windows 7 SMB Crash Bug - PCWorld

looks like malious code to me.

Xp used to be my chosen O/S, until 7 beta and I have 2 PC's and 1 laptop (toshiba) all running 7 pro perfectly now.

XP has had it's share of security flaws and it's only going to get worse.
Just give 7 another shot.

I wouldn't recomend PC world, currys or any of those lot.

Last edited:
Don't know what happened with ur m8's lapy but W7 is the best OS I have ever used, I was an XP whore but will never go back to it now.

im with you jaffa windows 7 run's excellent does everything i throw at it, makes vista looks like a bag of $hit :)

do you install from standard off the shelf copy of Win 7 or OEM copies, from what I have read this happens with alot of OEM copies from the likes of Compaq/HP, Toshiba and Packard Bell.

Whatever I download, usually I go for Retail images.

Must be an OEM issue.

That's something that I have never seen after working on all kinds of PC's from those manufacturers with W7, including OEM versions!

Also never had a PC that took anywhere near 1 hour to update all the W7 packages. Suspect jfish's m8 has got a bad deal on his product and it should go back to the seller pronto. I'd want to know what state his broadband is in that it took so long.

That's something that I have never seen after working on all kinds of PC's from those manufacturers with W7, including OEM versions!

Also never had a PC that took anywhere near 1 hour to update all the W7 packages. Suspect jfish's m8 has got a bad deal on his product and it should go back to the seller pronto. I'd want to know what state his broadband is in that it took so long.

This is what I was thinking, an hour of updates maybe but several hours, just sounds like something wrong there.

Fisrt time I installed Win 7 it took all night and then some to update too, but this was on my netbook. I got a legit enterprise and ultimate versions, both are running much better than XP in my opinion.

the only reason i came off xp was for windows 7, best OS ive used (although i do like linux).

the problem is, its not always windows 7, its the vast amounts of shite that the end sellers stick on the pc that slows it down, stick a fresh format copy on any mcahine you will be getting the machine you paid for, instead of the slowed down POS that the company gives you ;)

I had a mate bring me a lappy to have a look at, was a week old from PC world, would not boot. It was stuck on the end of setup, told him to take it back. PC World told him it would cost £45 to look at it....I went with him and told them in no uncertain trems where to shove that as they had not done their job properly anyway....cheeky c**ts...

Don't know what happened with ur m8's lapy but W7 is the best OS I have ever used, I was an XP whore but will never go back to it now.

Same here mate never had to get 1 driver for it and runs like a dream ultimate 64 bit would never go back to xp

a clean install of Win 7 ( not an oem version with added programs, branded desktop wallpaper, 3rd party recovery image as what is usually supplied with laptops these days) is spot on. i've had win 7 pro on my home PC, used by 4 different users, downloads constantly on utorrent, newsgroups, all sort of apps installed/uninstalled, turned off at the mains numerous times, ipods, creative zens, 3 different printers, 2 digital cameras, 3 lots of phone software, dbox stuff, homegroup settings added and removed, a server added - and 9 months down the line not rebuilt it once - and normally i'd do it every 3 or 4 months for peace of mind.

by far, the most stable operating system i've used.

my experience, 90% is user error and impatience.

i have an acer lappy w7 which came with all sorts of bloated crap on it. i downloaded the windows 7 image file from around here and did a clean install without all the crap and i havent looked back since its been brilliant. good luck mate i would recomend a fresh install from a windows 7 source not a recovery disk.

gota new laptop with win 7 on bout 3 weeks ago..

within 2 days had grownd to a halt.

got it from 3 with mobile bb dongole...

just did a full system restore and was fine..

yh i know whoulda woked perfect out the box buty you know what companies are like loading all the crap onto it..

took off mcafee (shite) and the bloat ware on install, updated everything. hasnt missed a beat since

threads like this really piss me off, Windows 7 is not a shit operating system if its crashing and not working correctly it's because there is an issue be it hardware, or software. 10 years ago there were thousands of posts the same as this but about XP, it looks like a kids pre school enviroment it crashes it does this it dows that.

Wipe the system, install a fresh copy of 7 make sure you have hardware that can handle the O/S and make sure you use the correct drivers.

been using xp for 9 years now

my laptop was converted over to 7 cos i found it easier to browse for some reason

made the jump over with my main rig and absolutely hated it - luckily i had a back up of my old OS and changed back

personally i dont think 7 is any improvement over xp to an experienced computer user

it is the same with most things in this industry - you market it properly and people would spend money on dog shit like windows me, windows vista

i think xp was an improvement on 2000 in terms of functionality but vista was a usage mad piece of shit that prompted you to wipe your ass then suck a gb of ram when you accepted it - 7 is an improvement but it looks more like an OS for noobs

as for bugs then every piece of software is relased like this - the software life cycle has evolved where the testing stage is done by fully paid users [customers]
xp was no different in that respect
vista was just a pig with lipstick

Back