Windows 7 build 7000 beta download?

Any 1 using windows 7 now?

If so is it worth buying when it comes out?

Using xp pro @ the moment but thinking about going vista 64 bit, or should i wait for W7?

Any 1 using windows 7 now?

If so is it worth buying when it comes out?

Using xp pro @ the moment but thinking about going vista 64 bit, or should i wait for W7?
Wait for Windows 7.

There is little point in shelling out for Vista when MS appears to be ready to start selling Windows 7 from August onwards...

Wait for Windows 7.

There is little point in shelling out for Vista when MS appears to be ready to start selling Windows 7 from August onwards...

bloody hell it coudl be out by then, i thought that it was coming out early next year.

MS seems confident of this year. The beta keys last untill the 30th of August this year, so unless MS are planning on running a second public beta, its a strong chance that it will be released after this point.

if MS sticks to the norm they will release a beta2 then go onto the RC phase before it goes gold, the latter may not be public though, probably released to developers/MSDN/technet community since they will be constantly collating feedback from the beta to incorporate in the final stages.

Last edited:
That isnt MS' mo these days when it comes to release software.

The public beta has been the indicator that they are near a release. It happend with Office 2007, VS 2008 and with Vista. Now it is happening with Windows 7.

That isnt MS' mo these days when it comes to release software.

The public beta has been the indicator that they are near a release. It happend with Office 2007, VS 2008 and with Vista. Now it is happening with Windows 7.

I distinctly remember with Vista having beta 1,2 and rc1,2 before gold release, these were MSDN releases, still got the products keys from eOpen.

I distinctly remember with Vista having beta 1,2 and rc1,2 before gold release, these were MSDN releases, still got the products keys from eOpen.
I dont remember RC2, but there was definitely no gold release of Vista. There would have been an RTM and a pre-RTM.

but then after it expires how do you go back to your original OS

you need the luxury of having a spare pc thats to spec
I have win 7 up and running, sign up and you get activation codes
followed the download now tab and it just hung forever
so torrent came in handy
I like it use, avast home works fine

found this rather good page for tweaks and features

(by gold i meant RTM, it just a phrase that stuck with me from the gonegold website about games which are ready for release)
No worries. Its just been a while since I heard that term used ;)

I have to say, the more I use Windows 7, the more impressed I am with it. I have a sneaky feeling this is going to make its way onto my main machine soon.

only fault i have found up to now is with the right click->send to, when sending stuff to my memstick, it hangs on the green bar of death about half way and craps out explorer.exe, whereas copy/cut & paste is fine.

another niggle, is that it always uses the 32bit wmp12, 64bit works fine with the beta ffdshow and xvid codecs, you just have to manually launch it, but Vista64 was the same, don't you learn MS! But most of their products have very useful but hidden apps that we, the end users have to find ourselves.

At least I have my beloved quick launch bar back.

Last edited:
You missed it from Vista? Its there....

I have noticed that using USB memory is thankfully a lot faster now.

Back