Windows 7 anyone using it?

daveleebond

Inactive User
Reaction score
using Beta 7000 on a VM session and I must say even under a VM it responds very well, although in my opinion just Vista
Dx11, install was quick and footprint was about 6gb

installed it but just to see what it was like , didnt like it , went back to firefox .

oops sorry lol :Jester: so it is

You know, something I have always found very odd with MS betas, the OS' always work better when they are in beta. I used XP and Vista as beta versions, both of them were very fast and repsonsive, a lot better than the final product. I havent tried Windows 7 yet, but I think I may give it a go now.

You know, something I have always found very odd with MS betas, the OS' always work better when they are in beta. I used XP and Vista as beta versions, both of them were very fast and repsonsive, a lot better than the final product. I havent tried Windows 7 yet, but I think I may give it a go now.

too true, but i really am starting to love it, doesnt seem to use as many processes but proably as the RC's come out MS will hyperbloat it.

read this, it trounces XP Sp3 and Vista is their benchmarks, would love to see it in some Cyrsis bench's

It's basically what vista should have been.

Some nice new features, I especially like th grouping of same task event i.e. webpages, word docs etc on the taskbar.

The seem to have got rid of video desktops, not that I ever used them.

Boots and shuts down super quick, something vista fails miserably at.

I like it, not alot of difference to vista but it probably just works, which is a start.

might have to stick this on to test out how fast it boots on an ssd drive :)

I was thinking of getting a head start on this on another machine.

Any screenshots please people? :)

Looks like KDE :)
Any more pics you want to see I will ty and oblige, comes with dx11 and ie8, the driver source are the same a Vistas

Last edited:
is there any reason why people are installing it as a virtual machine ?

Am formatting a comp right now and was thinking to install vista but can i use windows 7 instead ?

Am formatting a comp right now and was thinking to install vista but can i use windows 7 instead ?

Yh u can do m8 thats how mine is installed now I got it with Nero, Firefox, CC Cleaner etc all integrated with Windows so it saved me downloading them again. Love the widgets at the top of the screen aswell

cause VM's are a safe enviroment to test products, without formatting, OS installation is much faster since you can install straight from a mounted ISO you can keep crashing and burning to you hearts desire.

I use them all the time for scripting MSIs and thinstalls, you can also have multiple os's running at the same time, only restriction is memory and disk space.

Its funny how people seem to be mcluvvin the Windows 7 gui, but disdain Vista?

I have the VM right now, and everything is running smoothly at the moment. However, I think I will take the plunge and install it when the public beta starts.

This is great, been trying it out now for a day. As soon as the public beta is launched, I am installing it properly.

Also, as an aside - if anyone thinks this is like KDE you may think it looks even more like RISCOS 3.7!!

Keep in mind they still have to add the bloat yet

Back