Win 10 Windows 10 Reviews Here

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using windows 7 professional legit key (lol you bad boys!!!)

I have been getting lots of icons next to my clock saying free upgrade to windows 10, however I hate windows 8, I can just about get my head around windows server essentials R2 which has a similar theme to windows 8 (without bloating) BUT also very stable indeed!

The thing is I like new things, I would class myself as a "have to have one" kind of person, but I use windows 7 professional and really like it, its simple and does everything I need!

I am not crazy on facebook, twitter or all that - I have accounts but hardly use them, I could not care less what someone had for lunch or what Piers Morgan thinks of Alan Sugar!

So would it be possible for some of you fantastic people to put down some honest reviews of what you like and don't like. before I possibly make a mistake and upgrade

Is there no going back once you have upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10?

Mick

Hi all, Is there no going back once you have upgraded to Microsoft Windows 10?
Mick

Here’s the answer to the last part of your question,

Let’s give a chance for others to comment about the rest of your question.

"Don’t like Windows 10? As long as you’ve upgraded within the last month, you can uninstall Windows 10 and downgrade your PC back to its original Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system. You can always upgrade to Windows 10 again later.

Even if it’s been more than a month, you should be able to reinstall the version of Windows that came with your PC using fresh installation media and its product key."

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Cheers good information, we should consider writing up some tutorials for members :)

Mick

I was reluctant at first to upgrade from win7 pro (legit) but I have to say, so far I've been very impressed with win10, once you get rid of all the bloat and spying shi**, it's a very sleek fast operating system, it's taken a few days to find my way around it, but I'm now really pleased and happy I took the plunge. I'd say to anyone still unsure to go for it. :thumbsup:

And as idrob has said a million times now, you can always roll back with nothing lost.

vpgfo8.png

sorry couldnt resist lol
@Mick if your going to try it would advise to hang on a bit longer

servers getting a hammering & failing

personally its not for me as yet but when time comes it will be the unbloated version of Win 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Been using windows 10 for the last 2 weeks, so far its been fine boots really fast love the new browser (edge) the lay out has change from IE but you soon get the hang of it, only issue I have after the upgrade and your happy with it you cant delete your windows.old folder I have tried but it just wont go, seems the only way is a clean install but as its working I will live with it. (personnel issue :).)

Been using windows 10 for the last 2 weeks, so far its been fine boots really fast love the new browser (edge) the lay out has change from IE but you soon get the hang of it, only issue I have after the upgrade and your happy with it you cant delete your windows.old folder I have tried but it just wont go, seems the only way is a clean install but as its working I will live with it. (personnel issue :).)

I had the same problem Napster, found the answer here.... How to Delete the Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

you cant delete your windows.old folder I have tried but it just wont go, seems the only way is a clean install but as its working I will live with it. (personnel issue :).)

If you want to delete your windows old Go here and download CCleaner

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

When you run CCleaner tick the old windows installation and run it, takes a while so you will have to be patient

Attachments

• CCleaner.png
    CCleaner.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 7
OK I have run cccleaner and its cleaned the files but wont allow the folder to be removed, but somehow I don't know how windows now ask for a password on start up but cant find how to remove it, have looked into account but its not there

can you point me in right direction on how to turn of password

OK I have run cccleaner and its cleaned the files but wont allow the folder to be removed, but somehow I don't know how windows now ask for a password on start up but cant find how to remove it, have looked into account but its not there

is this what you mean?

One that could be very useful, after you’ve signed in a few hundred times. (Only works on wake up)

If like me you’re getting fed up with having to logon every time Win 10 wakes up from Sleep or Standby

Here’s a way to prevent it:

Open Settings/Click Accounts/In the left menu click Sign-in options/Under Sign-in policies click on Never.
Job done!

Open Settings/Click Accounts/In the left menu click Sign-in options/Under Sign-in policies click on Never.
Job done!

done that m8 but its still asking for a password or pin

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 1
done that m8 but its still asking for a password or pin

I'm guessing you upgraded your windows without signing in or giving MS any account details

Is this correct?

yes m8 you are correct

Is your windows activated follow the instructions here

Check if Windows 10 is activated

1. Tap on the Windows-key, type cmd.exe and hit enter.

2. Type slmgr /xpr and hit enter.

3. A small window appears on the screen that highlights the activation status of the operating system.

4. If the prompt states "the machine is permanently activated", it activated successfully.

Why didnt you just use the how to I posted, so much quicker than downloading another programme to delete something when you dont need to.......:?

Sorry but this don't work it deletes some files but not all nothing deletes the whole folder, it looks like a clean install will have to be done

Rubbish....I done this yesterday and the whole folder goes, it might not delete it now you've went the Ccleaner route :LOL:

Back