Win7 only allowing me to format extrernal HDD to either NTFS or exFAT.

No it doesn't. :)

It'll read FAT32, depending on what Loader you use.

I use Configurable USB Loader which will read from WBFS, FAT32 and even NTFS.

My entire drive is now FAT32, the Wii and Xbox360 can now read from the same partition. :)
what usb loader do you use mate, got a black wii on the way anyday now and need 1 for when i set it up!

No it doesn't. :)

It'll read FAT32, depending on what Loader you use.

I use Configurable USB Loader which will read from WBFS, FAT32 and even NTFS.

My entire drive is now FAT32, the Wii and Xbox360 can now read from the same partition. :)

What size is the ISO when the drive is FAT32 ?

When the hdd is wbfs the game is scrubbed and can be as small as 30mb (nsmb)

I cant fault usbloadergx m8.
which 1 you using mate 1.0, is that the latest 1!

edit : on this site h@@p://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads which 1 do i want, is it this 1

Latest USB Loader GX Channel, Link to the latest USB Loader GX channel WADs. These can also be updated via the loader's wifi update feature.

Last edited:
which 1 you using mate 1.0, is that the latest 1!

edit : on this site h@@p://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads which 1 do i want, is it this 1

Latest USB Loader GX Channel, Link to the latest USB Loader GX channel WADs. These can also be updated via the loader's wifi update feature.

Its the latest one. I update it through the Wii wifi, it plays everything I've tried.

i'll give it a go when it arrives, am i right in thinkin i just put the loader in an apps folder on the sd card or wad, and then install it via the homebrew channel?

the loader goes in the apps folder and is run from the HBC.

if it's the channel forwarder WAD, put it in the wad folder, then run the wad manager from the and install that channel forwarder WAD

the loader goes in the apps folder and is run from the HBC.

if it's the channel forwarder WAD, put it in the wad folder, then run the wad manager from the and install that channel forwarder WAD
well u'v lost me there, lol, whats the difference between the 2 then, and which 1 is best for just general use of games!

iv downloaded usbloadergx r815 im assuming that'll do the job.

well u'v lost me there, lol, whats the difference between the 2 then, and which 1 is best for just general use of games!

iv downloaded usbloadergx r815 im assuming that'll do the job.
The forwarder WAD is a channel, the other one you have run from the HBC every time.

The forwarder WAD is a channel, the other one you have run from the HBC every time.
arrrrrrrr a see, so really the forwarder 1 is best then, saves going into the hbc everytime. seems like thats the better option, cheers guys?

yes, but it depends on how the forwarder works - you may still need the app in the apps folder on the SD card. the forwarder is basically only like a shortcut to the application.

for example, i use wiiflow 1.1, which by default the channel forwarder for it looks to the external hard drive for a fat32 partition and looks there for the wiiflow app (means i don't need my SD card in all the time) Some others by default will look to the SD card.

yes, but it depends on how the forwarder works - you may still need the app in the apps folder on the SD card. the forwarder is basically only like a shortcut to the application.

for example, i use wiiflow 1.1, which by default the channel forwarder for it looks to the external hard drive for a fat32 partition and looks there for the wiiflow app (means i don't need my SD card in all the time) Some others by default will look to the SD card.
iv got a 1gb sd card that could be kept in it anyway and just used for my wii so i'll see what happens when i get it set up and test them out, once again thanks.

Back