willem help!

pil196

Inactive User
Reaction score
having probs with my second willem its a 4.5 from jabsplace
after concluding my first willem may be buggerd i ordered a new one
but this new one just will not id eney chips i put in it ive tried all day resetting cleaning leggs ect
my setting are first dip set to 3 on second dip set as 2 3 5 6 8 10 12 0n
vpp jumped 29f jumped
a18 and the next pin up jumped and vpp and next pin up jumped.
if eney one can see where i may have gone wrong thanks for your help
or might i have brought another fooked willem :(

btw all i get is 0x09
0x0b

Last edited:
the setup seems fine... only difference i use is vpp open on the tsop adapter(3.1 board here), normally ID problems r down to the legs not being clean or lined up correctly, i know your post says u have cleaned them but this can be harder than u think... the tsop 48 chips r not desinged to be used in a zif . to clean them i use a fibreglass pencil first , then i blast them with air to get rid of any fibreglass , then i clean them with a good solvent cleaner , then check all pins r straight , then i put it in the zif and align with my eyes then double check under a magnifier. if after all that u still cant ID then look at your method of removal... too much heat??

depends on your tsop type alot matey give us a clue what tsop it is.

i take it its a lv or lf with you having dip 3 on (3,3v)

depends on your tsop type alot matey give us a clue what tsop it is.
i take it its a lv or lf with you having dip 3 on (3,3v)
yes m8 its a at49lv1614
ive cleaned all the legs over and over even under a magnifier
ive even tried other 49lv1614 chips but still the same result?
thanks..

you need to select 29lv160 i believe, i seem to remember the algo or something is screwed in the willem software. kinda rings a bell..
tbc
this is actually mentioned on the willem boards!!!

http://www.willem.org/

search for 49lv1614

Last edited:
you need to select 29lv160 i believe, i seem to remember the algo or something is screwed in the willem software. kinda rings a bell..
tbc
this is actually mentioned on the willem boards!!!
http://www.willem.org/
search for 49lv1614

yes thats the setting ive set it on it must be buggerd and i only got it today:(

try another chip, are you sure the atmel is ok?

tbc

test some other chips in it.. how many tsop48's have u tried?

i got about a dozen here ive tried some come up Toshiba in the chip id but i know ther not as ther all 49lv1614 and some say sony??

hmm, i just bout out of ideas! my next step would be to check the whole willem board for shitty soldering!

hmm, i just bout out of ideas! my next step would be to check the whole willem board for shitty soldering!

my next step would be to tell jabs i want my fookin money back and buy 1 direct from willem tbh lol

tbc

my next step would be to tell jabs i want my fookin money back and buy 1 direct from willem tbh lol
tbc
looks like that's the only option i have left thanks for your help guys cheers

LoL ive sussed it i resoldered all the components top and bottom and it is now working iding all chips :) :) :)

LoL ive sussed it i resoldered all the components top and bottom and it is now working iding all chips :) :) :)

tbh mate it should have been tested and working when it arrive, its a bit of a sham to send out a second unit without testing imo.

tbc

true but it happens sometimes :( thats why i said to check coz if its just a bad joint then sorting it yourself saves all the messing about of sending it back etc.

glad u sorted it :)

Back