Will I Get Cheaper Than This Laptop?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dell Inprtation 15 £299 delivered
will I get more or better for that money ?
or is there cheaper for around the same ?

needs: teenager to surf net, do homework, play movies,youtube etc .... everything a teenager does lol
has to be a laptop NO netbook

many thanks

is there anywhere on Dell that says how many USBs and what connections like HDMI are on these ?

edit: 3 usb

Last edited:
Yes, if you goto the Dell outlet and choose the same laptop with the same warranty. They have them from £175+VAT with full 1 year warranty.

Found this one which is virtually the same spec (it has a higher processor) and is £246inc VAT with free delivery until 17/6/2011

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/...ch.aspx?rn=3201&SC=&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh

and this one which is the same spec with a smaller 250gb hard drive for £210inc vat & delivery

http://outlet.euro.dell.com/Online/...ch.aspx?rn=7042&SC=&c=uk&cs=ukdfh1&l=en&s=dfh

Last edited:
Decent Laptop for the money John, you might get something a bit cheaper but personally I like Dell stuff so worth the money for me ;)

This is a link for Dell Outlet - Dell Outlet - Refurbished Computers/PCs: Laptops, Desktops & Servers | Dell UK

Outlet stock gets bought rapidly so links to specific laptops & pcs dissapear very quickly.

If it doesnt work just type Dell Outlet in google.

90% of their outlet laptops & PC's are labeled refurbished. But this is only because they cannot sell it as new. Some times the gear never leaves the Dell factory. When a customers goes through the order process and customizes his laptop or pc Dell make it to order for you, but if you cancel the order before delivery that laptop or pc goes into the outlet.

All outlet gear has a 1 year warranty which is the same as the gear on the main site, but the outlet stuff is always cheaper than the main site.

Reactions: Rat
cheers Captin just ordered the N5030 :)
well deserved rep

just got a samsung for littlun....4g ram,500g hdd...2.31 processer....argos outlet £237.99 1 yr warranty. no hdmi tho :(

any ideas how long warranty you get with Dell refurbs ?
this has started disconnecting from the net followed by freezing making a loudish noise then blue screening and cutting out, seems to be blowing out quite hot from side vent too

fan seems to be spinning freely

tried contacting Dell today but says shut until Monday

cheers :)

Shame i didn't pick this up earlier as I would have well steered you away from Dell, their support is abysmal as is their reliability with parts. I think on refurbs its generally reduced to 3-6 Months (most manufacturers such as HP/IBM) but i think with Dell it's sometimes 12 (limited warranty)

Just speccing one up for my daughter £399, 17", i3, 320GB, 4GB

Acer Aspire 7741 LX.PXA02.124

Same one from Laptops Direct is £430 and £480 on Amazon, and LD are usually pretty cheap.

Last edited:
John, From their site m8

Warranty Support We give you similar limited hardware warranty* and service that comes with new products.

*Important Note : Extension applies only to warranty and service terms still in effect. If your warranty and service term has expired, you are not eligible for this extension. For out of warranty assistance

I am 99.9 % sure you get the full 1 year return to base warranty as if new, as for their sevice I have had many Dells for many years, I've only ever had 2 problems, both quickly sorted out by Dell with 100% satisfaction :)

Ring them tomorrow m8, hope all goes well

any ideas how long warranty you get with Dell refurbs ?
this has started disconnecting from the net followed by freezing making a loudish noise then blue screening and cutting out, seems to be blowing out quite hot from side vent too

fan seems to be spinning freely

tried contacting Dell today but says shut until Monday

cheers :)

Sorry to hear your having problems. You get a full 12 month warranty with the Dell outlet products. I've had quite a few from there and I know loads of peeps have used the dell outlet and never had any problems. 90% of the gear from the dell outlet is not actually refurbished but they have to sell it as that. Most of it is cancelled special orders, or just plain returns. When someone customises a pc/laptop through the normal dell website and then changes their mind, dell don't take the bits apart and put them back on the shelf, they just move it over to the outlet.

From having dell at home and also lots through work I know their repair service's are quite quick. Much better than Acer or HP who I've always had problems with.

only just got round to ringing Dell
what a top class service I gotta say
I was expecting to send it back to them and be without it for a week or more, but no, they are coming to the house tomorrow to fit new components :)

no waiting, and next day service on a outlet product
:thumbsup: for Dell

Glad to hear that John, nice one m8:)

Back