Will his set up work for a tm6900 (not super) ?

viduka

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have re -read all the stickies in the TM section in relation to cs & I think I am starting to fiinally understand. Thanks for such helpful stuff.
I have a TM 69(non super) & appreciate that I would need to connect with Rs232 cable & download wdws share pack to try & get this to work, but my PC is miles away from my sat reciever. Would it work with a wireless laptop connected to the internet, fitted with a USB to rs232 adaptor with rs232 cable which then connects to the TM69 ? Am i right in assuming that I would add the latest tm magic patch (if not which one)& then the add on files which then gives you newcamd & cccam protocol connectivity. What about the "go back" facility (to older patches) as this seems only to be there for the tm super models. I dont want to put anything on if I am unable to go back If all does not work out.
Incidentally I have an old tm1500 rec , so might it be a good idea to use this to practice as some of the patches for that have sssp capability once loaded. To try this would it need any add ons ?
Thanks for bearing with me as before i was strictly a patch, softcam & programme cam person , so this is new ground for me.
Incidenatally, when might I be able to d/load anything as I cant find the wdws share pack anywhere else. Do alternatives exist to this s/ware.

Thanks in advance. :Clap:

I have re -read all the stickies in the TM section in relation to cs & I think I am starting to fiinally understand. Thanks for such helpful stuff.
I have a TM 69(non super) & appreciate that I would need to connect with Rs232 cable & download wdws share pack to try & get this to work, but my PC is miles away from my sat reciever. Would it work with a wireless laptop connected to the internet, fitted with a USB to rs232 adaptor with rs232 cable which then connects to the TM69 ? Am i right in assuming that I would add the latest tm magic patch (if not which one)& then the add on files which then gives you newcamd & cccam protocol connectivity. What about the "go back" facility (to older patches) as this seems only to be there for the tm super models. I dont want to put anything on if I am unable to go back If all does not work out.
Incidentally I have an old tm1500 rec , so might it be a good idea to use this to practice as some of the patches for that have sssp capability once loaded. To try this would it need any add ons ?
Thanks for bearing with me as before i was strictly a patch, softcam & programme cam person , so this is new ground for me.
Incidenatally, when might I be able to d/load anything as I cant find the wdws share pack anywhere else. Do alternatives exist to this s/ware.

Thanks in advance. :Clap:

Hi mate give it a go with your tm 6900 as its hd and you will benefit more from this stb.

use the latest patch for you stb.

it will work with usb to serial. its just you have to use one which is compatible
as not all db9 work.

i use a keyspan single. which i found its the best on the market.

yes you use windows share which can be downloaded from many sites.

best regards diabman:proud:

Thanks for the reply M8. I bought a rs232 adaptor lead from e bay before I got you reply, so lets hope it works, but knowing my luck I bet it doesnt. :thumbdown:

Thanks again.

Finally got round to trying this out with my old tm1500(still trying to find a live test server of course). In view of the fact that im unsure whether my lead will work, can anybody advise how i can tell on wsp whether the the laptop im using has a valid connection via the usb to null cable to my tm1500 reciever ?

Thanks in advance.

ps Just got connected on 7w, but couldnt see anything as i understrand the signal is not strong enough for my 1m dish. Exciting when it goes green on WSP though ! Got connected on art 13 e green light but still showing scrambled on screen, perhaps not connecting to reciever ?

Last edited:
Back