WiiU Drive hacked

reni

DW Member +
Reaction score
WiikeÜ

'wēkē'

Wiikey U is the first and only optical drive emulator that allows you to play all your WiiU games from any USB media!

* Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!
* Compatible with all WiiU models and regionsD
* User friendly intuitive interface
* No soldering required
* Multi-language support
* Supports most popular file systems, including EXT4/3/2, Max OS X, and NTFS
* Powerful embedded Linux system
* High-speed USB2 interface
* Firmware and FPGA fully in-system updatable from USB media
* Recovery mode - it is always possible to recover from a bad flash
* Stylish USB remote with powered USB hub and charger function
* Bulletproof high quality hardware (not manufactured in China!)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its true it will be the final nail in the coffin for the already horribly under achieving wiiu!

Umm wonder if its worth buying one now then?? Only want it for Pokemon games and the Mario games, wish they would hurry up and crack the 3DS though that would make my day.

23gb?! thought they were standard dvd's?! what type of media does the wiiu use then? blu-ray?

Weve been selling WiiU and games where I work and i've had a good look at the discs, they look very very sinilar to a BR disc but they have a rounded edge. Apparently something to do with Nintendo's attempt at copy protection. :what:

Typed under the influence of mind control drugs

worth picking up a wii U then?? 23gb for a game is not that unusual to be fair seeing as some the PS3 titles have been 60gb.

Anyone seen or heard anymore news on this as i might buy 1 if its hackable for the games!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

The Wii U uses a proprietary disc format based on Blu-Ray. It's the same size as blu-ray discs and the machine use a blue laser. Only difference is Nintendo doesn't have to pay the BD Association a licence fee. The Wii U game dump size is that big because they fill the disc with random data as an anti-piracy measure to put people off from downloading IOS's.

The Wii U hasn't been hacked, even though a game has been dumped. That doesn't mean it's been hacked.

One thing you should remember is that the 3DS, and even the DSi, haven't been hacked, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a Wii U hack.

On the bright side, there are an absolute shit ton of Will U games due to be released by the end of the year. Games worth your money.

the 3ds has really been hacked on the moment the first flash cards are there but its also great if its tru that we can hack the wii-u now
my wii become to be old with an wasabi chip but oke it works so waiting till the wii-u was able to play anything for free...

Back