Wiifri update

fatspanner

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone please advise me on what i may need to do.

Not looked at the Wii for over 6 months, but its Christmas day and the kids want to play on Guitar hero.

The Wii currently has firmware 3.1e and the first version of the Wiifri. I put the guitar hero WT disc in and it asks to update. Is it o.k to go ahead.

I've not tried as i've read around and it seems the latest firmware allows autoupdate? Do i need to install starfall and WAD files or is this specific to another chip. I know this s probably been explained a thousand times but the kids are driving me wild.

Thanks in advance
fats

No, you should be okay

Can't comment on that chip though, I'm running firmware 3.3e on the very first batch of D2C chips as I got ours chipped about a week after buying it last November

So its over 12 months old, and still plays virtually 99.5% of games I have tested, and I play NTSC, PAL and the odd JAP game on it

I'm in UK, so its a PAL console

The only game I'm wary of letting it update with is Need For Speed - Undercover, but I've also installed the SoftMod backup channel on our wii and it plays via that without asking for the update

Weird

And yes, its a brickblocked USA release, I automatically BrickBlock ANY NTSC or JAP release, plus use RegionFrii it to PAL just in case. Out of over 200 games I'd say less about 10 stubbornly refuse to work, so I just wait for the PAL release ....... and wait, and wait, and wait

Then they wonder why people try to hack consoles, if they released on the same day or even same week instead of waiting 3-4 months for some releases

Back