Wii u anyone?

Nope, not until it's properly cracked and not until I see Nintendo's methods of combating that. In particular, if exploits in the backwards compatibility process are patched by removing said feature.... if it is then it's dead in the water as far as I'm concerned.

think were getting the lad one for xmass, he wants the supermario game.

a hell of a lot of money for one game though lol

My lad wanted one but its far too expensive imo

Yeah I think that Nintendo have got it wrong with this one ok you get a 7 inch screen controller but the graphics are only on par with the Xbox 360 and ps3 which have been out a while now. The wii was incredibly cheap at launch and had amazing new tech at the time. I don't see this console doing as we'll.

I really can't see why they have bothered bringing this out, when the bought the Wii out it was innovative technology that every household wanted hence the price now of second hand 1's being less than a round of drinks in the local.

The only thing I can see different is the use of a tablet as a controller and slightly improved graphics which still won't compete with the likes of the 360 and PS3. The price structure is ridiculous considering it is essentially a controller that you are going to be purchasing and am I right in understanding additional controllers will not be in sale so the same price for a 2nd controller.

I was 1 of the 1st to get the Wii but for this I will keep my money in my pocket. Can't see it being a huge seller they have got to do a lot better than this to get my money, price will crash come Feb/March after the innitial marketing push has passed

I bit the bullet and got one of these for the family. Have to say I'm glad I did very pleased with it loads of fun and a huge improvement over the wii.

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy.

got one on order,as the reviews of zombiue u did it for me,back to the old style survival horror...all the bad reviews of it from under 25s i think

got one on order,as the reviews of zombiue u did it for me,back to the old style survival horror...all the bad reviews of it from under 25s i think

You won't be disappointed. We have been on it all day for the last few days its brilliant everything works well there's a chunky update to do but you can let it download in the background while you game. You just can't use the network features until it has installed. Too many people are slating it and it is undeserved. IMO Nintendo have yet again brought something new to the table Nintendo land is great fun and showcases the gamepad. I've setup the remote feature and can controll my tv from the gamepad and because I have hdmi any net I only need the gamepad to controll everything. The wii u is far better than I thought it would be and IMO worth buying no matter how good the ps4 Xbox 720 may be. I personally don't want to live in cod land ;) long live Nintendo!

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy.

Hi I got a Wii U also, Im happy with it too.

Just wondering, is there any mods for it yet or even soft mod to play games off a external hard drive like the original Wii? My original wii is mod chipped and soft modded. Can play backups and USB external HD. Still kept the old Wii connected and just put the new Wii next to it running on HDMI. I admit, it is pretty awesome. I only got NintendoLand at the mo though. Want the Tekken etc and controllers. Cheers.

Got one, seems OK, only one game at the moment i really want to play.
I'm a sucker for new technology.

I'll get one eventually, but they're too expensive at the minute. Interesting to see when (if!) there's a homebrew channel to allow games from HDD backup: thats a winner for me.

Yes when the price gos down a bit and Zelda Wind waker HD is out :)

My daughter wants one but can't justify the price as we already have a softmodded wii , PS3 and Xbox360 in the house. If it gets hacked to play games off HDD i might be tempted

the wii side of it can be hacked from what i understand, as in softmod it to play your existing wii games from hdd, it just the wii u side that has not bee cracked
i too am awaiting 100% confirmation this is the case then i will sell my existing wii and replace with the wii u, keeps the kids happy with there existing wii games, then i can get some of the adulty type ones, zombi u etc

the wii side of it can be hacked from what i understand, as in softmod it to play your existing wii games from hdd, it just the wii u side that has not bee cracked
i too am awaiting 100% confirmation this is the case then i will sell my existing wii and replace with the wii u, keeps the kids happy with there existing wii games, then i can get some of the adulty type ones, zombi u etc

Just been checking this out on the web: yeah, it's hackable as a Wii alright. Kind of the same way that the Wii operated in Gamecube mode, the Wii U can operate in Wii mode as well (I think). From reading, you need to use one of the games (lego Batman, Zeld Twilight Princess, there's a few of them listed) to get homebrew installed and away you go. Now all I need is the price to drop....

edit: here's a link to the list
WiiMode - WiiUBrew

has anybody here done this yet,i had a fiddle earlier,managed to get hbc on it but cannot patch any ios or install anything of use yet,was hoping to get the usb loader running so the kids could play the old wii games

has anybody here done this yet,i had a fiddle earlier,managed to get hbc on it but cannot patch any ios or install anything of use yet,was hoping to get the usb loader running so the kids could play the old wii games

ignore me,bit of googling and gbatemp and im up and running with usb loader gx running and happy nippers again

Back