wii sports

emerson1

Member +
Reaction score
just bought our lass wii sports resort for xmas (original) and when we put it into the machine to play its saying wii system update but i dont want to update my wii as its been modified with homebrew to enable me to play back ups so any 1 got any ideas as i dont fancy paying for it modified again and would it take the software off if i go to update as i dont have my wii connected to internet

Have you got neogammer installed?? if so then load from there :) dont think it will try to update then or check the settings... :)

just bought our lass wii sports resort for xmas (original) and when we put it into the machine to play its saying wii system update but i dont want to update my wii as its been modified with homebrew to enable me to play back ups so any 1 got any ideas as i dont fancy paying for it modified again and would it take the software off if i go to update as i dont have my wii connected to internet

Why pay to have it done there are some very good guides here with step by step instructions and plenty of people to help you if needed.

need more info about the wii, what firmware is it on? then we can point you in the direction to update or what to load on it. Do you have preloader? as this should stop disc updates

really dont know what kind of software is installed but thanx for the info and im gunna try and do it myself so if i get stuck i will be in touch

to tell if you have preloader, turn wii off then while holding reset press power button. release power button still holding reset. does it load into a menu? if not then you dont have it

You dont need to update any wii to play the latest games you just need to update certain IOS files in the system. You need WAD manager in the Homebrew channel then install WAD's 38, 53, 55, 56. This is enough to get any games running. Also if you want the latest shop channel install WAD 60.

Back