wii hacked?

They've now got a review posted and it sounds good although I think I'll wait until my warranty expires, or at least a few more early adopter reports appear, before trying my ham-fisted soldering technique on my Wii.

CycloWiz rocks!

CycloWiz is a dream come true for many Wii owners. While it still doesn’t allow you to run Wii imports or Wii homebrew it has all the features you’d expect from a drivechip and can not be easily detected by the Wii. We probably already have a winner in the Wii modchip competition that just started! With the chips expecting to hit resellers on Friday, what are you waiting for? Pre-order CycloWiz at your local reseller before they are all gone!

Positives

- Wii and GC backups working exactly like original discs
- Support for GC homebrew and imports
- Full GC compatibility (including audio streaming games)
- Stealth
- Quick-solder
- Works with multi-disc games
- Very well built and great quality

Negatives

- No Wii imports or homebrew

in preparation for the modded wii anybody know any good torrent sites to download wii games?
cheers

revolutiontt.net is a brilliant one, all the latest games popping up evry 5 minutes.

all the games ive seen are over 4G each, thats gonna give the ratios a bashing

Just had a chat with a potential stockist of the cyclowiz.. He seems to think that the plug is being pulled on this chip as we speak due to pressure from Nintendo and the media hype and attention its getting... Watch this space

what about VC games?? anyway to mod the data on a game saved to sd so it'll play on anyones wii??

Just had a chat with a potential stockist of the cyclowiz.. He seems to think that the plug is being pulled on this chip as we speak due to pressure from Nintendo and the media hype and attention its getting... Watch this space

What a shame....Would have been nice to have a chip that doesn't need any wires soldering...My solder skills aren't the best ;)

Downloaded an image that is whatever.wii, does anyone know what to do with it?
Iso buster and stuff won't open it if i force it, and its just too big for a single layer dvd

You have to use unscrammbler to get to an .iso file. I still havent looked into doing that so if you work it out please let me know. Cheers

Use the "GOD/WOD unscrambler" to unscramble the .wii files, and convert to ISO. Obviously you won't be able to test if the conversion has been successful, unless you have a modchip installed

Ok I have sussed it.. Fire up a command prompt and drag the unscrambler into it then drag your .wii file into the command prompt then put the location of the output file in and bobs your uncle!

Just thinking about it guys... The more chips you buy the cheaper it is for everyone, if someone from this site buys x amount then we all pay them per chip it would work out cheaper for everyone. What ya think??

Well I registerd some time ago but I think its closed now, I cant send invatations yet as I'm not quite a power user. If I get to that status I will send out invatations

Can I just say , im all for backups , but do you want to see a system you have just bought go down the pan within the first 6 months ??

If you like a game so much , please go buy it and keep this great console alive !!

Nintendo are the only company so far to make a profit on console sales, useually money isnt made on the console but on game sales. The most successful consoles ever sold are the ones that are "hacked" so the fact that a chip has been released wont effect sales for Nintendo. And percentage of people who actually chip thier consoles in comparison to those who dont are less, most people wait until the warrenty is out so Nintendo get at least 12 months of games sales to boot..

Back