wii games from an sd card

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys ! is it possible to download wii games from torrent sites and put them onto an sd card then play them in the wii and load the game from the sd card! i know you need sd bigger than 4gig so i bought a 8 gig but keeps saying the file is to big ! ive seen sd/usb to fit in the back of the wii whilst the sd with the homebrew is in the original slot ....any info on how its put on the card and how to load it would be a big help.... i have tried extracting the game into a iso file but its still to big to go on the 8gig card!!! does it need to be an wbfs file to go on the card then using a sd/usb adapter put it in the usb at the back like you would with a hard drive then load it using a programme similar to the hd config!!! any help plzzzzz

The reason it is not fitting on the sd card is because the file system is fat32. Use Wii backup manager it will split the file for you.

The reason it is not fitting on the sd card is because the file system is fat32. Use Wii backup manager it will split the file for you.

how is that done ! ive tried opening wiibackup manager clicking files then add the file which is already an iso file tick the box then ive tried transfer to iso but its the same and to big !! im flumaxed...! cheers anyway!

You are not meant to transfer to iso. YOu are transferring from iso.

Have a look at this video
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Insert your sd card into the computer before starting wiibackup manager (I use wiibackupmanager_build78). Your drive 1 , is what ever drive letter the computer gives to SD card.

viewed that vid m8... ive done that but im tryin to load from the sd through the neo gammer but its just counting dwn from 27 but not launching the game! all i was doing different was i was dragging and dropping the file onto the card! ive copied the process , what programme is needed to launch the game! mines neo gammer r7, ios 249 (rev 14 )

You said you couldn't transfer file as it said it was too big, this was answered for you. You cannot drag and drop using wii backup manager, you must use "transfer".

I am assuming that this has been completed successfully. I use configurable usb loader to play the backups on sd card or usb drive. If it does not work in the front slot, use an adapter at the back.

tried loading from the slot at the front using config loader & couldnt find the sd so i bought an sd/usb to put it in the back...ive loaded the config loader then put the usb/sd in the back and it finds it straight away only it keeps coming up ios(249) ERROR : cios249rev18. cios222v4. cios223v4. cios224v5 or higher required for starting games from a FAT patition upgrade ios249 or choose a different ios then under that it says set_frag: -128 ERROR: SETWBFS: -128........ANY IDEAS WATS STOPPING IT LOADING! THANKS

which version config usb loader are you using?

when the usb loader is starting up what numbers are displayed on bottom right of screen?

When i load up config loader its got version :70 then when its loading up the numbers at bottom right are version 70 249!

Dont know how to run a sys check m8... I think i must have done something wrong when i installed it from modmii...ive noticed my wii is version 4.2 would that make any difference...would it be wise to reinstall using modmii

Copy the "sysCheck" folder rom the apps folder you downloaded and place it in the apps folder of the SD card. Use homebrew channel and run syscheck from there.

In my opinion, it would be better to do as Buzzer has said so that modmii knows "the state of play".

Right m8 ive done that and got the sys check report put it on my desktop on laptop! Do you want me to im you it or drag it on to modmii like it says!!cheers

Drag and drop it onto modmii, it will work out what is needed for your particular setup.

I would also add, that if you have any loaders already installed on the wii, remove them first.

post it here as well, if you don't mind.. :)

Ive done that m8 ! I opened the modmii chose sys updater , then dragged the system check and dropped it on the page it started to download 44 files then i opened the file then copied and pasted it onto my sd card ! I also recieved a guide to what ios and wads to install....is that correct , i havent got round to putting it into the wii yet cos the missus is watching the telly hahaha .....!

yep

basically you will have to instal everything downloaded... :)

44 files?

sounds like your wii isnt modded properly atm

Just sorted the download i got from modmii and m8 everything is working spot on now, tried running a few games of the sd card and it loading up no problem ! Cheers guys its much appreciated! A big thank you for everyones advice and help!

Back