Wii 4.2 softmod or chip in Nottingham area.Help needed for Xmas

andyfuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,somebody was gonna softmod my Wii but now say they cant do it as its updated to 4.2. Firstly is this a problem as i thought you would need latest software to play the likes of Super Mario. Secondly im willing to pay someone to sort it for me but dont know what route to take,softmod or chip.
Lastly if i try and softmod this myself what will i need and is it as easy as you guys make it look.
I really dont wanna brick this and i promised the kids loads of games for Xmas so need to sort this asap.
Any tips and advice thanks Andy.

Hi guys,somebody was gonna softmod my Wii but now say they cant do it as its updated to 4.2. Firstly is this a problem as i thought you would need latest software to play the likes of Super Mario. Secondly im willing to pay someone to sort it for me but dont know what route to take,softmod or chip.
Lastly if i try and softmod this myself what will i need and is it as easy as you guys make it look.
I really dont wanna brick this and i promised the kids loads of games for Xmas so need to sort this asap.
Any tips and advice thanks Andy.

andy

do it yourself mate, there are a few great guides on here , i followed one and mine was sorted within an hour and trust me i am no geek when it comes to these things.
a few tips , lock yourself away without any disturbances.
print the guide out and follow to the letter.
double check what it says on the screen and what your selecting.
make sure your wifi connection is setup and working before you start your mod.
make sure you have a good sd card like a sandisk one and extract the files as it says in the help file.
if you get stuck, stop and re-read the previous few steps.
im sure theres plenty of people on here that will help.
cheers
daz

andy

do it yourself mate, there are a few great guides on here , i followed one and mine was sorted within an hour and trust me i am no geek when it comes to these things.
a few tips , lock yourself away without any disturbances.
print the guide out and follow to the letter.
double check what it says on the screen and what your selecting.
make sure your wifi connection is setup and working before you start your mod.
make sure you have a good sd card like a sandisk one and extract the files as it says in the help file.
if you get stuck, stop and re-read the previous few steps.
im sure theres plenty of people on here that will help.
cheers
daz

Still dont wanna brick the thing. Really wanted to sort it by Xmas.
Is it a micro sd card and what size will i need?
I see alot of people are using external drives for games instead of disks.Is this the way forward?

Still dont wanna brick the thing. Really wanted to sort it by Xmas.
Is it a micro sd card and what size will i need?
I see alot of people are using external drives for games instead of disks.Is this the way forward?

get a 2gb sandisk . external usb discs are great , would recommend a wd passpport 320gb u can get them from currys or dixons for around £50. ive done 3 wiis for people over the last week and put 80 games on the drive for them. so much easier than burning to disc. If you get your stuff today you can sort it tomorrow no problems and the kids will be over the moon for christmas. If your gonna do that i would start downloading the games now to put on the drive.
As for bricking it you will be fine, follow the help files and make sure you backup ur wii (nand ) which if you ever brick should be able to reinstall back as it was .

get a 2gb sandisk . external usb discs are great , would recommend a wd passpport 320gb u can get them from currys or dixons for around £50. ive done 3 wiis for people over the last week and put 80 games on the drive for them. so much easier than burning to disc. If you get your stuff today you can sort it tomorrow no problems and the kids will be over the moon for christmas. If your gonna do that i would start downloading the games now to put on the drive.
As for bricking it you will be fine, follow the help files and make sure you backup ur wii (nand ) which if you ever brick should be able to reinstall back as it was .

Ok that sounds fine but if i run into probs will prob bell you.
Mine is on 4.2 so what tut do i follow?
Is it edoggs easy 4.2 hack version.
Can you pm where you get the games from.
Many thanks

Ok that sounds fine but if i run into probs will prob bell you.
Mine is on 4.2 so what tut do i follow?
Is it edoggs easy 4.2 hack version.
Can you pm where you get the games from.
Many thanks

Bit confused guys so which is the best and easiest tut for 4.2 softmod.
Is it Bennybens tut or Edoggs easy 4.2 hack.
Will a 1gb sandisk card be sufficent.
Thanks again guys.

Bit confused guys so which is the best and easiest tut for 4.2 softmod.
Is it Bennybens tut or Edoggs easy 4.2 hack.
Will a 1gb sandisk card be sufficent.
Thanks again guys.

for me it would be bennybens and 1gb should do fine, transfer your backed up nand from the sd card to your computer afterwards and keep it safe.

for me it would be bennybens and 1gb should do fine, transfer your backed up nand from the sd card to your computer afterwards and keep it safe.

There should be a itinerary of all the names and terms of the software and what they do for newbies as i dont know what a wiiflow, nand is compared to my elbow lol
Even doing multible searches on this makes it more confusing.
I bet im not on my own.
Many thanks for the input so far.
That is whats makes this a great forum for all.

I can hardware mod it for you with a chip.
I am based in snowy North Northants

I can hardware mod it for you with a chip.
I am based in snowy North Northants

What are the benefits of a chip to a softmod?
Really am trying to sort this for Xmas and buy an external drive and go down that route.
Snowing now in Nottingham!

Chip and dont worry about wii firmware updates so far.
up to you m8.

Think im going to try the softmod option but not sure which guide to follow.
Either Edoggs or Bennybens tuts.Both seem to work but both seem to have their own problems.
Open to advice if any other members have followed the 4.2 firmware hack.

They both are good tuts, I have done a few using Bennybens.

Thanks for the reply,the Bennybens looks a bit long winded but Dbroms also followed Bennybens tut so will have a go with that one when i get my Sd card sorted and my Wii back.
Is there anything i should do or know before i start it?Guess its taking it slowly and following it step by step.

Just tried to download tut and it says its not working. Can someone email me the tut and files i need please?
[email protected]
Many thanks Andy.

Last edited:
Will i need to download both links or are they the same files on both urls?
Sorry for sounding dumb lol

you need both m8, when you are doing the mod you put the first lot on the sd then through the tut you add the other lot.

Back