Wife forces sale of DM800S Clone

carambar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well, my love affair with my DM800S has come to an end. It was enjoyable while it lasted but sadly it's time to sell it. :(

It seems the Wife Acceptance Factor was a lot worse than I'd anticipated. Of all the things, it was the menu that she didn't like... "It's not like the Sly one and there are too many button presses to get what I want" :(

Personally I didn't see what was wrong with it. It's not as dumbed-down and it gives much more info than a Sly box. But SWMBO decided it was either the Dreambox or her... and the Dreambox can't cook.

As I don't have enough posts to sell it to via the Members' Classifieds I was thinking of putting on fleabay. Does anyone know if they allow clones to be sold or am I likely to get the auction pulled? Also, what price would I be likely to get for it? Can't be arsed with an auction so would prefer a Buy It Now, but I don't know what to put it on for. I paid £167 for it back in October, and I bought a USB network thingy to connect it to t'internet which I would throw in too as I wouldn't need it any more.

dont think your allowed to put them on mate, fta or not i think its against there rules!

OK, thanks for the warning... that'll save me going to the effort and them pulling it. Cheers, mate.

just ebayed dreambox mate and theres quite a few on actually so does not look like they'll get pulled. watch a few on ebay and see if they get pulled before the auction ends.

Would it not be better to eBay the wife and keep the dreambox?

:flock2:

Now there's an idea..... what are the chances of fleabay allowing me to sell her as a slave?

Won't she be moaning though when your paying £90 p/m for the full Sky HD package?

It seems the Wife Acceptance Factor was a lot worse than I'd anticipated. Of all the things, it was the menu that she didn't like... "It's not like the Sly one and there are too many button presses to get what I want" :(

That sounds very familiar m8 ,lol

That sounds very familiar m8 ,lol

Exactly the same in my house.

The wife and kids hate the Dreambox.

After 7 years, they still don't understand the Bouquet system.

Get a normal skybox in the kitchen ... problem solved.

Won't she be moaning though when your paying £90 p/m for the full Sky HD package?

You'd think so, mate, but she's a woman so she doesn't think logically at all.

I'd be prepared to put up with a bit of inconvenience, but she doesn't see it that way. Plus it's my money not her's so she's not losing out really :(

ps - no sports package so I only pay £50..... heh, 'only £50' :Cry:

my wife gave me the same ultimatum

the new girlfriend aint that fussed on the dreambox either

the dreambox was here first

:proud:

Well, my love affair with my DM800S has come to an end. It was enjoyable while it lasted but sadly it's time to sell it. :(

Personally I didn't see what was wrong with it. It's not as dumbed-down and it gives much more info than a Sly box. But SWMBO decided it was either the Dreambox or her... and the Dreambox can't cook.

As I don't have enough posts to sell it to via the Members' Classifieds I was thinking of putting on fleabay. Does anyone know if they allow clones to be sold or am I likely to get the auction pulled? Also, what price would I be likely to get for it? Can't be arsed with an auction so would prefer a Buy It Now, but I don't know what to put it on for. I paid £167 for it back in October, and I bought a USB network thingy to connect it to t'internet which I would throw in too as I wouldn't need it any more.

I bought mine from ebay m8.I paid £200 delivered with hard drive also fitted.I used the buy it now option.

Are you not allowed to sell them here???

I have a dm800 from the same place..

It has a fault of rebooting on HD channels.

If yours has been fault free, and is definatly fine on channels like Sky Sports 1 HD, I may be tempted to make you a offer????

Are you not allowed to sell them here???

I have a dm800 from the same place..

It has a fault of rebooting on HD channels.

If yours has been fault free, and is definatly fine on channels like Sky Sports 1 HD, I may be tempted to make you a offer????

Yes, mate, you can sell stuff in the Members Classified section, but the Rules say you need to have >150 posts, which I don't have yet.

Think it's sold now though anyway.

You could always re-write the dreambox user interface to make it look like a sky box if its that much of a problem.

Back