Why the long face?

funny_tortise_picture3.jpg

Tortoise burger anyone???

I guess I should ask....does it constitute fast food?

Nothing surprises me with burgers also sausages,always knew Lidl and Aldi were dodgy,wonder what else was in theres....

As the article states, most affected were Tesco's and Iceland.
But the real culprits are the suppliers Liffey Meats and SilverCrest Foods in Ireland (SilverCrest are blaming 3rd party suppliers in Europe) and DalePak Hambleton in Yorkshire.
Most high street supermarkets have DalePak products on their shelves !
Personnally I don't have any problem with the idea of eating horse meat after all meat is meat. But it should be by choice not unknowingly.
The article also notes that Pig meat was found in several other "Beef" products, so beef products are being bulked out with cheaper meats which sounds like fraud to me. The other thing about this is the possible religious implications for Muslims and Jews.

Back in the 60's as a kid our family holidayed in rural France, Spain and Italy for many years, none of us spoke any languages apart from English we did pick stuff up but when we ate out it was really a lottery what we got. I am sure we had horse meat on many occasions, whether in stews or as a steak, if you don't know and just eat it and its ok why not.

just different cultures see things in different ways.

burgers are full of crap (unless they are home made and you know whats in them) and i would think everybody would agree on that, along with sausages and kebabs and flipping chicken nuggets (what ever they are).

I am surprised it is only now and not years ago that they would have come out and said what is really in these things.

They are saying its only trace dna, has anybody complained they tasted odd or was it just a routing test ?

Lol I was in Cyprus about 4 years back and we tried to go and eat traditional food instead of the hotel usual, well they served us some skull, dunno if it was rabbit, rat, fecking needless to say we eat at the hotel after that.

I think they thought fecking English lol, eat this dead cats head lmao

Mick

Sent from my iPhone.

Lol I was in Cyprus about 4 years back and we tried to go and eat traditional food instead of the hotel usual, well they served us some skull, dunno if it was rabbit, rat, fecking needless to say we eat at the hotel after that.

I think they thought fecking English lol, eat this dead cats head lmao

Mick

Sent from my iPhone.

Oh Mick, they are just trying to stop us being such boring, picky eaters ;)

I've now realised why I started to trot to the shop rather than walk, why I was saying "neeeeh" instead of no, why I ate all the rabbits bedding, and why the wifes started riding me again !!.

Where a fussy bunch in the UK won't just eat anything we get saddled with.
Go to any supermarket in Europe and there's all sorts dangling of meat hooks and generally staring at you. Remember my daughter asking "what's that dad?" and i turned there was about ten skinned bunny rabbits lined up gawping back at us lol, think that was in a Lidl or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Where a fussy bunch in the UK won't just eat anything we get saddled with.
Go to any supermarket in Europe and there's all sorts dangling of meat hooks and generally staring at you. Remember my daughter asking "what's that dad?" and i turned there was about ten skinned bunny rabbits lined up gawping back at us lol, think that was in a Lidl or similar.

Do you know what puts me off? and no offence to anyone in this business. Its the site of a pig sprawled out over a hot plate laughing at you with an apple in it's mouth. It was a speciality in the German market in Manchester. They just slice a chunk off the poor fecker and stick it on your butty. Yes I know it's called a hog roast but the name itself kind of makes you cringe. sorry this is not for me :(

TBH, this will always be a potential problem with minced meat products. If you want to be sure what's in it, make your own...

...btw, 100% beef doesn't mean minced filet, it means anything you can get off a bovine and stuff in the mincer.

Apologies to anyone still having breakfast!

Do you know what puts me off? and no offence to anyone in this business. Its the site of a pig sprawled out over a hot plate laughing at you with an apple in it's mouth. It was a speciality in the German market in Manchester. They just slice a chunk off the poor fecker and stick it on your butty. Yes I know it's called a hog roast but the name itself kind of makes you cringe. sorry this is not for me :(

Meat substitutes are pretty good nowadays - I use Quorn mince all the time in the likes of chilli, cottage pie and mince 'n onions. If you prefer 'real' mince, chose cuts at the butcher and they'll mince it for you on the spot...

You cannot beat a good spit roas.........……

Aaaaaaaah hog roast, sorry I'll get my coat.

Nothing surprises me with burgers also sausages,always knew Lidl and Aldi were dodgy,wonder what else was in theres....

I am going to guess that aldi, lidl, tesco and iceland didn't specify the horse meat in the burger.

However its obvious to get to a low price point then quality has to suffer.

So let me see... we, the British public find it disgusting that we have ate or may have eaten a modicum of horse meat..........

Ostrich...Boar...Kangaroo....Goat.....Buffalo and Veal.......

Really.... do i need to include, heart, liver, tongue, pigs belly, trotters.......

You forgot Tripe Exos !
I used to love a bowl of tripe and onions cooked in milk and butter with boiled potatoes.............MMmmmmm.

Back