Why the long face?

the media dont help, i know if you are buying "100%" beef burgers then if you get summat else its not right but just been out in the car and listened to the news on the radio and the news reader said that "37% horse meat was found in the Tesco Burgers".

i have got home and found the actual article.

"The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) tested for the presence of horse and pig DNA.

A total of 27 beefburger products were analysed, with 10 (37%) testing positive for horse DNA and 23 (85%) testing positive for pig DNA.

Some 31 beef meal products including cottage pie, beef curry pie and lasagne were also analysed. Twenty-one were found to have pig DNA, while all were negative for horse DNA.

All 19 salami products analysed tested negative for horse DNA, but traces were detected in batches of raw ingredients including some imported from The Netherlands and Spain.

The beefburger products which tested positive for horse DNA were produced by two processing plants in Ireland, Liffey Meats and Silvercrest Foods, and one in the UK, Dalepak Hambleton."

there is a big difference between 37% horsemeat found and 37% had horsemeat dna preasent.

Wait until someone twigs the proportion containing di-hydrogen oxide in crystalline form ;)

Meat substitutes are pretty good nowadays - I use Quorn mince all the time in the likes of chilli, cottage pie and mince 'n onions. If you prefer 'real' mince, chose cuts at the butcher and they'll mince it for you on the spot...

Same here mate. I think it tastes well nicer and no were near a greasy.

The wife made burgers for tea last night and do you know what........................ She's been on my back all morning

i went to go cook my burgers for dinner but opened the fridge , AND THERE OFFFFFFFFFFF.......................

and to think, there are people in the third world starving....

stop bloody moaning about something that is actually nothing but another media hype to get a story.........

queue all the vegetarians....

Really.!!!. If people are so disgusted that they have eatened horse meat then become vegetarians because as soon as you buy meat from most retail outlets you are not going to be 100% sure if there is cross contamination. Or kill the animal yourself and cook it. That way you know what you're getting. Personally, horse meat, pig meat, bovine...All the same to me

I can't see these staying on the shelves furlong.

64630_325276740906268_788340071_n.jpg

Back