Why just one spider?

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
Just evicted a medium sized spider, it was very fast as it is warm in here.

I've had this thought a few times but why do I always find just one spider in a room at any one time?

I suspect they stay away from each other most of the time.

Does this mean that I could keep one in a special enclosure to keep other ones away? At least I'd know where it was.

Maybe I could market a spider pheromone or something as a repellent...

I've got a tarantula and never seem to get any spiders, it is kept in a cage etc, but never have any spiders down stairs but have had a few in the bedroom and yh they always seem to be alone

any time i see a decent sized spider stuck in the bath or that i always put it on a bit off paper and stick it beside the wall for it to go back in lol i always thought they were meant to keep other beasties away..they dont do me any harm and i dont mind them

Look at this beast i found on my bedroom wall a few weeks back.The good thing about it was the wife wouldn't come to bed until i shifted it lol needless to say i took my time.

Look at this beast i found on my bedroom wall a few weeks back.The good thing about it was the wife wouldn't come to bed until i shifted it lol needless to say i took my time.

i get them in my house, always one huge one in each room, if the kids corner then, they will jump at you with 2 front legs in the air

I removed one of them from my beer shed when I got from hol a few hours ago.

Either trap them in a tumbler and send em outside or i suck em up in a vacum cleaner if im feeling to freaked out!

Lol i never kill them on purpose i normally throw them in the garden

nots no a spider thats a monster..fcuk that..

You dirty bastard!

Please ban everyone who posts pictures of spiders.

My spine has turned to gloop.

The thought of having that in an British house makes me want to puke.

I'm moving to the Arctic.

To those that say leave them be they dont do any harm and they eat other beasties well that may be true but they also crawl into your mouth while you are asleep!

Thats right statisticly we swallow 3 spiders in our lifetime when asleep eek.

Last edited:
I never kill spiders, always put them outside. reason being they leave cobwebs everywhere and catch flies etc..

Although it is known that when you boot a spider out it comes straight back.. Unless its raining outside then it just drowns.

I never kill spiders, always put them outside. reason being they leave cobwebs everywhere and catch flies etc..

Although it is known that when you boot a spider out it comes straight back.. Unless its raining outside then it just drowns.

By doing that you are in fact killing them.

House spiders are a seperate species and will die outside.

:)

Go and join Sargie in the corner !

;)

I had one crawling on my bed last night. I rapped it up in an old newspaper so it couldn't escape and threw it out the window.

I remember reading on here that there are 12 types of spider that bite us in the uk, if i saw that monster that was posted on here i'd get rid of it asap! cant stand things like that!

Digi are you serious about them jumping at your kids!! WTF!!!! nasty!!!!!

I try and get the balls to remove them in a glass, but if it falls on the floor or something i usually panic and stomp it, I feel bad about doing it but they panic me like anything lol

Iv a young cat who catches and eats any creature that moves, spiders, flies, insects and so on.

you can here her crunching em lol.

Digi are you serious about them jumping at your kids!! WTF!!!! nasty!!!!!l

yeh m8, honest

i got a 3gp video somewhere of my boy teasing 2 of them that he caught, he put them on the stairs, and was blowing them, then as they was jumping at him they was falling down onto the next step

he was pissing himself laughing lol

then he took them outside and broke them, came back in crying with bits of legs and stuff lol

Back