Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is the best satellite reciever to get?

wriggler

Inactive User
TITLE: What is the best satellite reciever to get?

(Sorry for the mispelling)

Hi, I currently have a dbox2 cable box that allows me to watch most channels on nthell. I am now slowly moving to satellite and would like a receiver which does the same as the dbox but for satelitte. Im interested in getting premiere channels, polsat channels etc. I have found a dbox2 satelitte reciever i was just wondering if its any good and will it work the same as the cable version. Or am i better getting a different brand altogether.

Are they easy to set up. I really don't want to mess with card readers and programmers etc. The dbox2 cable box is good because it rolls codes and automatically updates.

Are there any tutorials or readme files for the dbox or tutorials with a specific box you people may recommend? Would like to read up on this.

Hows it work? With installing images and doing a scan. Or is there more things you need to do. I.e Update the reciever everyday or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I would keep away from dbox2 as they are old and limited with support getting harder to find.
Dreambox is the way to go, or Technomate if you want simplicity. I'd suggest do lots more reading.
Hope that helps.

Yes totally agree with Pinky, Technomate might be an option for the ease of use and is simple, linux (dreambox) requires lots of homework if you are not familiar with them, but are very good and lots of support.

Back