Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is my Sky News always fooked?

witchy

Banned for good!
I've got a few channels on 28.2 that are fooked, the signal is considerably lower than the rest of the channels.

Can anyone (Digidude ;) ) tell me how to adjust my dish so that i recieve all the transponders at optimum levels.

Years ago when I first got Sky Digital installed after the installer left I noticed that Sky News was always one of the weaker channels, it used to break up in rain and bright sunshine.

I can watch Sky News perfect on one of the other satellites, but it's annoying me not having it on the UK bird.

Maybe it's not aligned properly, are you having problems with any other H or V polarization? is just one channel or the whole of transponder?

Whats the frequency of the channel in your dreambox?

Sky News on 28.2 is 11508 Horizontal.

I get 23 services on the transponder, one of which is FX+1

Sky News signal is 88%, SNR is 87 and BER jumps between 200 and 1000 = unwatchable.

FX+1 signal is 80%, SNR is 85 and 0 BER = perfect picture.

How can 2 channels from the same transponder and on the same beam be broadcast at different power levels?

I'm sure it's an alignment issue aswell mate, I'm hoping His Holy Satness (Digidude) can provide a solution that won't mean a complete overhaul of my motor - as it's only a few channels that are fooked.

BTW, i did delete all of them (Sky News - I have about 6 of them) and rescan, made no difference.

Back