Why Is It?

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Why Is It that i live in bedfordshire and 101 and 103 is london channels

i called sky and they said they will send a signal to fix this problem and i waited 2 weeks and called them again and still the same

is it always london for this area as i thought it should be anglia tv?

3 times i called them

cheers

with a terrestrial aerial you may pick up from an anglia broadcast transmitter m8, but sky goes by your post code, so if your postal code is a london one then thats what youll get as your 'local' channels on the EPG

with a terrestrial aerial you may pick up from an anglia broadcast transmitter m8, but sky goes by your post code, so if your postal code is a london one then thats what youll get as your 'local' channels on the EPG

thanks for your time and the responce m8

this is what i was thinking as well

my postcode is about 25 miles out of london in a large town there is 2 districts before you get to london

so i dont know what to do i spoke to them and they just say we will send a signal down but its always the same london channels all the time lol

You can get regional BBC 1 and 2 and ITVs at the higher numbers. you'll just have to input a different number instead of 101 and 103.

Why Is It that i live in bedfordshire and 101 and 103 is london channels

You should get the same regional channels you get via terrestial.
Call Sky again and tell them to sort it.

As delectable says, channels for all regions are available somewhere in the high numbers and if there is a BBC1 and ITV in that list for your region then Sky should make them available on 101 & 103.

ALL region bbc and itv channels are available, press services on your remote, look for phone numbers then tech support, i think its 08701 438 000 but not too sure

tell them and theyll be able to sort it, check with a neighbour what they get as well, if they cant sort your card then tell them to send you a new one

If you can't get it sorted then you could just add them via the services menu if you know the frequencies.

its the info stored on the card that puts the correct regional broadcast in the places on the EPG, so untill sky sort it out itll always be like it

I worked for Sky tech dept during the period when ITV started the regionalisation, don't sigh it's true lol, and it was an absolute nightmare, we spent weeks fixing this issue for people.

Keep pestering Sky until you get someone who knows how to fix it. The channels you recieve are based on your postcode.

Usually changing the customers postcode to a different one, then changing it back fixed the issue instantly.

Back