Who is your favourite football player of all time?

Eric Cantona, Peter Schmeichel, Solskjaer, Andre Kanchelskis and Ronaldo would have to be my favorite players of all time.

Last edited:
Besty..no question in my mind about that. Younger people may not remember his skill.

A few other favorites of mine

Dalglish
Maradona
Pele
Cruyff
Brian Laudrup
Gerrard
Fowler
Bergkemp
Henry

Roy Keane ...yes him, even though he was a manc player.

Last edited:
Cantona, Ronaldo (the Brazilian) and Zidane in my lifetime but
Besty
Platini
Maradona
Pele
They werent bad either.

not for the best play but for pure entertainment you cant beat a bit of...

Paulo dicanio

the guy was entertainment on legs from his play to tricks, his gesturing, and the famous ref push...

on entertainment that guy gets it, your guys are good players but its not all about who can score a goal, players and football is entertainment and to this day ive not seen a player that for fills the all round entertainer with good football except dicanio.

not for the best play but for pure entertainment you cant beat a bit of...

Paulo dicanio

the guy was entertainment on legs from his play to tricks, his gesturing, and the famous ref push...

on entertainment that guy gets it, your guys are good players but its not all about who can score a goal, players and football is entertainment and to this day ive not seen a player that for fills the all round entertainer with good football except dicanio.

yeah he was entertaining
but u cant beat a bit of paul gascoigne great player, got booked for booking the referee and playing the flute got him in a bit of bother aswell , drunk a jack d before everygame , what a character he was

The Greatest of all time.....

Zidanne
Pele
Van Basten
Best
Cruyff
johnstone

the list goes on & on

But Diego Maradona was something else.....

My personal choice would be eric cantona , all the names mentioned like zidane , ronaldo "barsa", maradona even goerge best were and still great players, but my era week in week out has to be eric , on the field he was an inspiration to the rest of the players and they rose to the occasion everytime they played with him . dont mean it literally either guys before the jokes come flying in.

Last edited:
Davie Cooper absolute legend also

Colin oneil
James Mcfadden
Joe Wark (before my time but one of the greatest ever well players)
Stevie Kirk

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Hendrik Johannes Cruijff
George Best - doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?

yeah he was entertaining
but u cant beat a bit of paul gascoigne great player, got booked for booking the referee and playing the flute got him in a bit of bother aswell , drunk a jack d before everygame , what a character he was

yes i agree Gazza was one of the best but he would have been even better if he took up alex fergusons offer.

Ian Rush : Striker

profile.jpg

Date of Birth: 20-10-1961
Birthplace: St Asaph (Wales)
clubs: Liverpool, Chester City, Juventus, Leeds United, Newcastle, Wrexham (player-coach), Sydney Olympic (Australia)

Honours with Liverpool: First Division Championship 1981/82, 1982/83, 1983/84, 1985/86 & 1989/90, FA Cup 1986, 1989 & 1992, League (Milk/Coca Cola) Cup 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984 & 1995, European Cup 1984, Charity Shield 1982, 1986 (shared), 1989, 1990 (shared), Screen Sport Super Cup 1987

or

STEVEN GERRARD MBE

profile.jpg

Position: Midfielder
Date of Birth: 30/05/1980
Height: 6' 0
Weight: 12st 6
1st team games: 387
1st team goals: 75
International caps: 56
International goals: 12
Former clubs: Trainee