White Sky card - want serial of box it was paired to??

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible to find out the serial number of the sky box that a white card was originally paired to? I've got a couple of ex-sub cards which enable me to use the modified Pace 3100 as freesat recorders, but I thought if I could set the Pace serial numbers to whatever box these ex-sub cards were in then I could get Five US and Fiver as well. Bit of a long shot I know, but if you don't ask you don't get :)

for one you cant get the boxes serial number from the card, and 2 you dont need it for five us or fiver as there FTV channels.

I know they are FTV but when I try to watch them I just get the message saying this is the wrong card for this set top box, suggesting the card needs to be paired (hence the original question)

you need a valid freesat from sky card to view fiver five usa sky 3 and you will only get the cannels to work if paired to the box as they still need the card update entitlements to work
you could try phoning and say your old box died and bought a second hand box from a boot sail and could you pair it to the old box
problem might be if the card is not valid ie old sub card they will not do it
when i dumped sky they killed the card i could not even get regionals i phoned got told neede to purchase a freesat from sky card
all you can do is try may be worth the cost of the phone call as they say if you do not ask you do not get

the card has missed too many entitlement updates, and is now of no use to you at all, unless you know the details of the original owner, even connecting to a phone line and forcing the signal wont get it back, i have about 5 of them here like it

u DON'T need card paired to digibox to open channels or a/u........

What I did card was not paired to box just stick card in any box switch it of press and hold back up while turning box on and box should update and get you the channels worked for me ok

Can you explain clearer?
Do you mean you don't need a card to view fiver etc

not at all, he meant that while you do need a card to view fiver it does not need to be paired to the box providing that it has not been de-activated for so long that it has been killed out rite.

What I did card was not paired to box just stick card in any box switch it of press and hold back up while turning box on and box should update and get you the channels worked for me ok

all that does is force a software update on the box, it has no effect what so ever on the card and certainly wont pair the card to the box.

Last edited:
Well mine had not been active for years and said not paired I just found any White card done that update and it works perfect

ive tried this with 11 cards and an old panasonic TU-DSB30

all cards said 'wrong card for this box' and reading the entitlements in a linux receiver, looked as though the card was dead, no caid and no entitlements listed

the first card that i tried this with, did indeed reactivate, with FTV tiers updated untill 29/03/11

every other card after that failed to reactivate upon trying the same thing in the same receiver

trying the same thing in another receiver that was on older software also did not reactivate any of the cards, but did update the receivers software

Back