which vu box?

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, I'm currently on sly usind a dm800se, I'm looking at getting a cable box for another room (cable was installed years ago) 2 things?

which box do I go for there seems to be a few different vu boxes out there?

and also how hard is the set up compared to a sly set up? with sly its quite easy add a N:line and away u go.... but how different is it for cable and how easy is it to find a share...please pm me with any helpful info on this.

cheers.

1. Why vu box ?.......lots out there that have DVB-C tuners.......
2. Just the same for adding a line....but depends what your using to ftp to the box. I use DCC on my Dm8000 and Filezilla on my Zgemma
3. Make sure your cable line is "live" before you do......do you have anything at the moment.
4. Ask your current provider........
Hope this helps......................................................
hi guys, I'm currently on sly usind a dm800se, I'm looking at getting a cable box for another room (cable was installed years ago) 2 things?

which box do I go for there seems to be a few different vu boxes out there?

and also how hard is the set up compared to a sly set up? with sly its quite easy add a N:line and away u go.... but how different is it for cable and how easy is it to find a share...please pm me with any helpful info on this.

cheers.

cheers for the reply mate,

not sure why a vu just thought they were decent boxes, what else would you recommend??
I use both Dcc and FileZilla for my dm800 so kind of know my way about them,
good point I better check if its live.....never thought about that!....im only using my dish nothing on cable.

Hey! I had to teach your mama how to suck my eggs

Back