Which TV??? LCD, Plasma, Rear Projection???

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
evenin all,

After 20 solid years my imported Sony TV has finally packed it in, even though I know its not the tube a call out engineer said it would cost approx 120squid to fix as its imported and the parts are difficult to find. I'm sure he's trying to pull a fast one, so I sent him packing.

I'm thinking of just getting a new TV now, but they don't make them like they use to, so could do with some advise on what type I should go for?

Ultimately I want the unit to last & I don't wanna go OTT with the price either. I've heard that plasma's do not have the longevity factor but am not sure if that true or not? LCD's I've heard are a better investment?? The good ole rear projection units are a bit on the bulky side and not made like they use to but still think that wud be my best bet????

What do you guys reckon? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 4 ur time.

Toshiba Pictureframe 32WLT66 32" Widescreen HD ReadyLCD TV with FREEVIEW - Black by Toshiba See larger image Our Price: £697.99

Samsung LE32R74BDX/XEU 32'' High Definition LCD TV With Freeview
by Samsung See larger image and other views Our Price: £698.98

Sharp LC32GD8E 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview
by Sharp See larger image Our Price: £629.00

All taken from amazon. If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd be looking at these.

If you're hoping that normal SD telly will look quite as good on a flat screen as it did on you're old CRT then I'm afraid you'll be a little disapointed. An upscalling DVD player or proper HD on one of these will look very nice though.

Thanks 4 ur time & advise mate, will look into them, cheers :Cheers:

Toshiba Pictureframe 32WLT66 32" Widescreen HD ReadyLCD TV with FREEVIEW - Black by Toshiba See larger image Our Price: £697.99

Samsung LE32R74BDX/XEU 32'' High Definition LCD TV With Freeview
by Samsung See larger image and other views Our Price: £698.98

Sharp LC32GD8E 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview
by Sharp See larger image Our Price: £629.00

All taken from amazon. If I was going to spend that kind of money I'd be looking at these.

If you're hoping that normal SD telly will look quite as good on a flat screen as it did on you're old CRT then I'm afraid you'll be a little disapointed. An upscalling DVD player or proper HD on one of these will look very nice though.

Back