Which Sat/Nav?

telsave

DW Member +
Reaction score
I am old and confused so where do I turn? To my M8's at DW!:Drums:

I am off to Spain in January obviously going through France and although I can find my way to the Channel Tunnel feel it would be better to have a Sat Nav for the rest of the journey.

Ideally what would I want? Obviously good mapping for France & Spain, a good sized screen (hey I said I was old!) Safety Camera locations (not trial), Traffic management, Lane Advisor (if possible). upgrades via Internet FOC

So there is the challenge which one would you suggest, remember I am old and on my pension although I have my heating allowance available as I will not need it in Spain (I hope)

I am old and confused so where do I turn? To my M8's at DW!:Drums:

I am off to Spain in January obviously going through France and although I can find my way to the Channel Tunnel feel it would be better to have a Sat Nav for the rest of the journey.

Ideally what would I want? Obviously good mapping for France & Spain, a good sized screen (hey I said I was old!) Safety Camera locations (not trial), Traffic management, Lane Advisor (if possible). upgrades via Internet FOC

So there is the challenge which one would you suggest, remember I am old and on my pension although I have my heating allowance available as I will not need it in Spain (I hope)

My son bought one that was large screen and had all the european maps and saftey cameras etc. I cant mind the make but i will ask him and post the details. It wasnt tomtom im sure he got it from amazon. I will post details as soon as they are to hand m8

My son bought one that was large screen and had all the european maps and saftey cameras etc. I cant mind the make but i will ask him and post the details. It wasnt tomtom im sure he got it from amazon. I will post details as soon as they are to hand m8
go for tomtom 720 t ,i think that has europe maps and has all the other stuff you require,its also the easiest to get cameras etc for

I've recently bought a TOM TOM 720 from a computer fair. It came with Europe and USA on it. PLUS all of the various funny voices which can get annoying - so I now leave it on the female standard voice.

I can't fault the tom tom for accuracy and clarity. I've seen the garmin one being used, but I think the Tom Tom is simpler to operate and easier to view whilst driving particularily at complicated junctions.

Hope this helps you.

Back