Which router?

proven packets doing what? stealing bandwidth? proven to be something other than something on your network?

proven packets to a spam bot.

listen, call it a "hunch" call it what you may, I have seen packets reporting back to said locations that should not.

as for c4 well, that's a whole new ball game. I'll discuss that one with ya! :)

still let me know when you get an answer back from them.

proven packets to a spam bot.

listen, call it a "hunch" call it what you may, I have seen packets reporting back to said locations that should not.

as for c4 well, that's a whole new ball game. I'll discuss that one with ya! :)

The hunch was c4eva not the router firmware.

IF THIS IS LEGIT THOUGH WHY HAVE YOU NOT POSTED ON THE DD-WRT FORUMS WITH YOUR FINDING INSTEAD OF ASKING THEM.

caps lock bastard....

If you are 100% you shouldnt need to ask them but should instead be putting it to them.

Are you 100% sure it wasnt something on your own pc (trojan bot ect..) that was causing the traffic to a spam bot, have you 100% ruled all that stuff out so can 100% say it is the dd-wrt?

curious questions not accusations and defence of a firmware i dont even use.

me..... id be giving it to them big style if i was using it and found this out and was 100% positve, i wouldnt be asking them id be telling them and any user of it on the forums and wait a response.

Last edited:
like it, what makes you say?

You didn't answer, will you be downloading my CFW for your router??

So have you seen strange going on's with your data from a router With ddwrt installed then? I'm interested now :) I'll install your firmware when it's proven to behave itself :)

The hunch was c4eva not the router firmware.

IF THIS IS LEGIT THOUGH WHY HAVE YOU NOT POSTED ON THE DD-WRT FORUMS WITH YOUR FINDING INSTEAD OF ASKING THEM.

caps lock bastard....

If you are 100% you shouldnt need to ask them but should instead be putting it to them.

Are you 100% sure it wasnt something on your own pc (trojan bot ect..) that was causing the traffic to a spam bot, have you 100% ruled all that stuff out so can 100% say it is the dd-wrt?

curious questions not accusations and defence of a firmware i dont even use.

me..... id be giving it to them big style if i was using it and found this out and was 100% positve, i wouldnt be asking them id be telling them and any user of it on the forums and wait a response.

I have posted on there forums, I have my own CFW out, under a different name, that some have it all ready installed. :) and yes it isn't anything on this rig mate.

So have you seen strange going on's with your data from a router With ddwrt installed then? I'm interested now :) I'll install your firmware when it's proven to behave itself :)

so am i, but theres still questions unanswered about whether it was/is 100% the firware and not something else on his network.

If its not then he needs to give it to them kangaroo court style.

EDITED AS YOU POSTED WHEN I WAS TYPING

did you just ask them about it and got ignored or did you accuse them and present your findings?

They haven't answered me that's the thing....whilst the tomato guys have....I see your point though. just because they have doesn't mean they aren't at it.....

So will you install my DDWRT version? which will be out next week :)

If you could I would mate, providing I have the necessary hardware amongst my collection :)

I currently use a mix of WNR2200 and DIR-825's. As both have usb ports and can be had really cheaply of eBay if you aren't in a hurry for one.

Although, the DIR-825 has the most awful outer casing plastic on the face of the Earth it does go like the proverbial train and is dual band for those that seek it out.

As well as posting the ideal answer to your doubts, Thommo listed a good looking router in the bargain section a few days ago...

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/295705/

It appears to be Broadcom based too, so maybe a possible Tomato donor as well as DD-WRT. Just need someone to purchase, carry out a router detection and post up their findings for the boffins to give us the nod...yah or nay :err:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust me...........

I have no reason not to, i dont use it so it doesnt bother me but it does interest me.

so the second part of the quoted post, did you just ask them or did you post and present your findings and if you didnt... why? im sure the masses who use it would like to hear about it.

just curious at the fact they may be doing it and the fact there hasnt been a song and dance about it with findings posted for those who are using it and possibly being used to spam.

I have posted on there forums, I have my own CFW out, under a different name, that some have it all ready installed. :) and yes it isn't anything on this rig mate.

All this aside mate why exactly have you made your own fw by the way your talking it sounds like its going to get up to some dodgy sh*t and if that is the case any chance you could send me a pm so I can avoid it lol

I have no reason not to, i dont use it so it doesnt bother me but it does interest me.

so the second part of the quoted post, did you just ask them or did you post and present your findings and if you didnt... why? im sure the masses who use it would like to hear about it.

just curious at the fact they may be doing it and the fact there hasnt been a song and dance about it with findings posted for those who are using it and possibly being used to spam.

That's the thing mate, I have tried, and yet I have to reap no rewards, this is it you see, dd-wrt is fine, it's when you start installing dd-wrt builds (see the post below) then this is the problem, and yes I have asked them, but alas, nothing back..... interesting isn't it?

All this aside mate why exactly have you made your own fw by the way your talking it sounds like its going to get up to some dodgy sh*t and if that is the case any chance you could send me a pm so I can avoid it lol

ha! you see, that's it, you have probably all ready downloaded and installed a version that I made, just under a different user name from some random site you trusted because they all rated it! wicked! my whole point mate. :)

That's the thing mate, I have tried, and yet I have to reap no rewards, this is it you see, dd-wrt is fine, it's when you start installing dd-wrt builds (see the post below) then this is the problem, and yes I have asked them, but alas, nothing back..... interesting isn't it?

ha! you see, that's it, you have probably all ready downloaded and installed a version that I made, just under a different user name from some random site you trusted because they all rated it! wicked! my whole point mate. :)

lmao talk about getting sucked in, ill get my coat and if someone wants to come round and give me a slap I would totally deserve it.

if you could just go to nvram commit and do the following or I can do it for ya :) it was a bug in the firmware, but if you run that command it will fix it's self..

echo mowax > /tmp/userpass.conf
echo standard>> /tmp/userpass.conf
chmod 600 /tmp/userpass.conf

press save....

Last edited:
Back