Which Receiver should I get? I would like the following features;

djdyna123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all, wanting some advice please.

I'm after buying a Receiver but need help in choosing one that has good support and not likely to let me down.
My brother has a DM800, which has treated him well for a long time and rarely hits a snag.

I know some people prefer "Open Source" firmware receivers, but lets be honest most don't require that, as-long as you get patches every now and then, fantastic!.

I would like the receiver to have at-least the option of:
* Support newcmd/mgcamd
* HD 1080p/i
* EPG Guide
* Youtube access (not too bothered really, but handy to have).
* Stream links? (Not a biggie)
* Network sharing to stream Media via Windows Shares.
* USB Media Playback.
* Network PVR Recording aswell as-well as USB Recording obviously.
* Optical output (Dolby Digital 5.1)

Around £100 or less i will happily pay.

I live in a area where i get 100% signal simply by just having my small Sky Digi dish at about 6 foot in the air . Although iv'e got it bolted in at about 12 foot on the brickwork.

Once I get a dreambox and it's working all hunky dory I will go out and purchase a motorized dish, the same or similar to what my brother uses.

So please, if you have any good advice on which are good receivers that are worth purchasing, then let me know.
Please don't just come out with "I herd this Cryptobox is good" etc... thanx!

Welcome to forum,
No need to post the same thread in two parts of the forum ;)

As for the receiver,have a good read in the various sections,this question has been asked many times before and in reality the advice doesn't really change,
have a read and then ask the relevant questions and we will do our best to help :)

Your budgets a bit low for the feature set you want. There is sub 100 pound recievers out there that will support PVR and soft cam but they are no frills I.e EPG is poor, you won't find decent plugin support etc. Expand your budget by 50 or 60 quid and you can get a dm800hd, 800se, vu solo or duo clones. These devices are all enigma 2 based and offer the most flexibility and support. Cheaper closed source boxes tend to have limited feature sets, poor support and less flexibility.

Your budgets a bit low for the feature set you want. There is sub 100 pound recievers out there that will support PVR and soft cam but they are no frills I.e EPG is poor, you won't find decent plugin support etc. Expand your budget by 50 or 60 quid and you can get a dm800hd, 800se, vu solo or duo clones. These devices are all enigma 2 based and offer the most flexibility and support. Cheaper closed source boxes tend to have limited feature sets, poor support and less flexibility.
Yeah thanx for the heads up. Have you tried converting digital coaxial to optical, was there any issues, delay etc?

Back