Which laser lens.

Heres the latest update.

Success... new laser came today, I replaced it and its working with back ups aswell.

Thank you to all that helped me. :Clap:

I've got myself a sammy drive and its more or less screwed!! doesnt read original games at times never mind backups

how easy is it to replace the lens? also this anti static solder how easy is that? never soldered in about 14 years

i can get the key off before i start messing with the drive just in case i have to buy a brand new one

CD247EBAY

thats a 10% of everything discount for there .It saved me postage

does this code work on there website ? or just ebay?

I've got myself a sammy drive and its more or less screwed!! doesnt read original games at times never mind backups

how easy is it to replace the lens? also this anti static solder how easy is that? never soldered in about 14 years

i can get the key off before i start messing with the drive just in case i have to buy a brand new one

I did it so thats how easy it is, it really was simple and a 10 minute job. As for the solder...I cheated and got the spark in work to do it but I watched him doing it and it took about 5 seconds...lol, he used one of those solder poppers (or whatever they are called).

The code works on that site and does save you the postage.

How easy would it be with just a regular 30w soldering iron? withoutn one of those poppers?

been pricing this up and its going to cost like £12 for soldering iron and popper and then another £12 for the lens delivered

seems like i might as well pay the £10 more and just get a brand new drive!?

if i can get iron off mate ill try and do it that way without a popper....would i just use syringe?

How easy would it be with just a regular 30w soldering iron? withoutn one of those poppers?

been pricing this up and its going to cost like £12 for soldering iron and popper and then another £12 for the lens delivered

seems like i might as well pay the £10 more and just get a brand new drive!?

if i can get iron off mate ill try and do it that way without a popper....would i just use syringe?

I am sure you could probably get it off without a popper or wick but I am useless at soldering/desoldering so thats why I got a spark to do it for me.

You can get the poppers/suckers for about £3 delivered on fleabay or the whole kit for £8 delivered. That way you would always have it for future use.

I'll have to check fleabay when i get in i might just buy it and use it to mod my sisters wii for her

think itll find an old motherboard or something first and practice some soldering on there first

Well done jaffa m8:Clap::Clap::Clap:

I just take the anti-static solder off with solder iron,you just need to touch it and it normally comes off.

ive just opened it up and gave the lens a wipe as it wont even recognise when youve put a disk inside!! once its in it just comes up as if no disk is in?

ive checked and the power cables are all in tight

Any opinions?

Should i get drive key and just spoof it? which is the best drive to go for?

Cheaper to buy a new lens m8,that`s what i would do
ive just opened it up and gave the lens a wipe as it wont even recognise when youve put a disk inside!! once its in it just comes up as if no disk is in?

ive checked and the power cables are all in tight

Any opinions?

Should i get drive key and just spoof it? which is the best drive to go for?

Just bought a lens for £11.50 delivered from that site CD247

soldering iron, solder and de-pump thing cost me £7 delivered which isnt bad at all!

need a find a good guide or even a video on how this works

is it just the lens you buy which requires solder removed from it? or is it the one in the xbox dvd drive

You will be alright m8...dave will keep you right all the way through.

Heres a few clearer pictures of solder before and after, click to enlarge.

that guide states i have to remove solder from both the new laser and then one thats inside of the xbox dvd drive....is that the case?

:err:

If it wasn't flashed then why didn't you just let Microsoft deal with it?

:err:

If it wasn't flashed then why didn't you just let Microsoft deal with it?

it was produced in beginging of 2006 so its well out of its warranty period for disk problems

wasnt mine anyways i bought it off someone for £30 with controller and all cables

going to be bargain once i get this to work!

they fcuekd the eject button on it too and had made there own with nail and what was left of the old one! honest i dont understand how it got in the state it was!!

brown marks inside dvd drive, air vent holes and outside casing. Bit nail varnish remover worked a trea though good as new just needs faceplate but thats not really imprtant at min

might get a nice blakc case for my xbox and then stick my old white one on this and flog it on to a mate

Back