which image do you recommend

St3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys just got my vu solo2 genuine today and wanted to ask which image do you prefer or should i say which is most stable at the moment with cross epg recorings and iptv supportive. thanx in advance

go with blackhole 2.9 or openatv 4.0 but that's just me

Try them and see which one you prefer. Good thing is that you can make full backups and then retrun to it straight away.

Thanx guys

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I could not get the epg to work, and I guess its the comfort of experience, but I like the open pli.

Same here I think I prefer open pli and I guess its because I am used to it on dm800se. Only problem I have is permement timeshift I cant rewind unless I pause.

If u want u rewind u have to use the round button in the middle of the remote..in this case u have to push to left..rewind button i never tryed..

I re installed and working perfect now, thanx guys. Ps I prefer openpli for vu so far.

I realy dont understand you mate...on other topics you are crying about that ure box with Pli cant backup and here ure praising BH2.0.9 hahahhaahhahaah
U know a couple of days ago i was asking myself why all this strange things with the Clone Solo2 ONLY happend to you,i am not suprised anymore hahaahhahahahaahah

Ure unbeatable @Ali hahahahhaahhah

ON TOPIC:

I would advised @St3 to go with teh OpenPli 4.0 (OpenATV looks a lot,VERRY lot),its verry easy you can download,settings and satelitesoftware by a button,it dailiy buid and updateble,and most stable i know,i always try other images but always come back to Pli!

@DJ What do u mean i was crying ? . he has asked to recommend image and i have given my opinion that BH is best .. its my choice what i like or dislike. If i said i had a problem with my clone solo u shouldnt forget the problem was created after ur uploaded files and I m not only one another user also here . My dear friend rather then asking ur self about my box u should ask ur self u should only suggest the others or something else .its up to them what they like or dislike . Keep in mind and never forget u r the member of this forum like us .If me or some one else have any problem where should we discuss this here . why we are here then if we have to criticize each other on small things Have a Good Day

Last edited:
Calm down Guys, no need to have a go at each other.Lets get back to the topic here.I have only got my box this week & have been using Vix image on it & I must say I am really impressed with it.Had no issues so far (once I was able to install my stuff on it) & mind you I am new to this format.I was initially thinking of BH but now decided to stay with Vix.I will like to see if someone can actually compare these images for their positives & negatives?

Same here I think I prefer open pli and I guess its because I am used to it on dm800se. Only problem I have is permement timeshift I cant rewind unless I pause.

Go with vix..problem free on solo 2.

think I have tried all images my top three vix blackhole openatv

I have tried BH after using Vix for a few days & have gone back to Vix for better user interface & better outlook.Now I know which image to stay with.

Need some help Guys, since going back to Vix, on loading I am still getting BH bootlogo followed by Vix image, is there anyway to fix this?

Need some help Guys, since going back to Vix, on loading I am still getting BH bootlogo followed by Vix image, is there anyway to fix this?

download vix image or if you have it look in the files for a file splash_cfe_auto i think it is and you need to flash this to box.Kep this file but delete all others and flash to box like a normal flash.
or search for "xorionBootLogoMatik" with this software you can send any images to your box for every part of the image like boot screen,backdrop,starting etc.

All sorted mate, just had to reinstall a fresh vix image rather than using my save image backup.Many thanks for your quick response & help

Your refering to the splash screen which can't be accessed in the same way as other boot logos as this is saved to a part of the flash that is accessed before the image boots. easiest way to change this is as described below.

download a clean version of the ViX image and extract it to your desktop
In the solo2 folder delete every thing but the splash screen (splash_cfe_auto).

once you have deleted the necessary files flash the receiver as you would with a normal image via USB stick / flash drive, this will flash the splash screen while keeping the rest of the image already on the receiver intact.

Your refering to the splash screen which can't be accessed in the same way as other boot logos as this is saved to a part of the flash that is accessed before the image boots. easiest way to change this is as described below.

once you have deleted the necessary files flash the receiver as you would with a normal image via USB stick / flash drive, this will flash the splash screen while keeping the rest of the image already on the receiver intact.

Many Thanks Pheonix , yes it was Splash screen issue & have sorted it by reinstalling a fresh image instead of running image backup restore

that's exactly what i said..great minds.

Back