which HD sat with FTPing

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Which box is best/cheapest that allows me to FTP to it so i can remotely access it via teamviewer if needed. It's for a m8 and i don't want to be driving a 50 mile round trip everytime it screws up.
Cheap as possible please.

Not sure why are you FTP'ing with team viewer. Team viewer is primarily a remote KVM application. Filezilla + port forwarding should be enough for what you are trying to do.

As for the HD box, don't know but I would have thought that any which support C/S would have a internet connection and FTP functionality.

ftping will allow me to remotely change any internal files on the box , flash , dreamboxedit , etc,, all from the comfort of my own home .using teamviewer, i log in to their PC then using say FLASHXP do all i need to do with sometimes a little manual help from my m8 , .

OK so if i wasnt interested in FTPing to the box which HD box would be my best option for a 2nd box in the house ( I already have a VU+ DUO) just something cheap but with decent menu's and TV listing's.

hiya

Get a skybox f3. Set up static IP on the box and then u can remote connect using teamviewer and update box via the STBHD LAN Tool.

There is a thread in my name on the Openbox Forum. Have a look or send me PM and I will advise

hiya

Get a skybox f3. Set up static IP on the box and then u can remote connect using teamviewer and update box via the STBHD LAN Tool.

There is a thread in my name on the Openbox Forum. Have a look or send me PM and I will advise

top man ,thankyou . i didnt realise it was possible.

Back