Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

which DB can i use my sly card in

K

kirit

im thinking of getting a DB 600 pvr- but its essential that it can read my sly card, i have full package and pay full subscription but i want to use the sly card in my DB.

Can somebody please advise me whether the DB 600 pvr can read and auto update the card

i know the 7025 can but its so expensive for me to buy which is why i want the 600 pvr

lets hope it can do what i need

kirit

ive used a sly card in a 500, 600, 7020 and 800 with no problems m8, it all depends on the cam / card server you install to read it

When using a sly card in a dreambox with CCcam, i'm assuming all you have to do is setup CCcam in blue button menu only.

Do you have to add any lines to the CCcam.cfg to use the card reader in the dreambox?

Reading this post reminded me that I had meant to try an old sly card in my DM600.
This card was given to me 1 day at our local dump. I had gone to dump household stuff and a guy in the car behind me had a full car load of rubbish to dump. It was raining, and he was on his own, so after I had dumped all my rubbish, I gave him a hand to dump his.
1 item in had pile caught my attention, and old sly+ box with a card in it. He commented that it had stopped working ages ago, it wouldn't power on, but that the hard drive was still in it if i wanted it for the drive.
I took it home, checked the box out and it was as dead as a dead thing.
I pulled the hard drive and card from the box and dumped the box.
The card has been lying here for about 3 months on a shelf.
After reading this thread, I stuck the card in my 600 and went through some SLY channels but got nothing I didn't normally get. I enabled CCcam and realised I knew nothing about what I was trying to do so I just switched the telly off, and came back here to read more about it.
I really couldn't find much info so I thought nevermind, maybe someday.
Just now, I turned the telly back on to watch the news and and the 600 was still on FIVE but now there was a picture.
I pulled the card out and after a few seconds the picture is gone, put the card back in and the picture comes back.
I had a flick through some more channels, sport and movies, and I get them too !
I couldn't believe and I suppose I will lose them soon but it put a smile on my face.

Anyway Sicilian, CCcam seems to work without any settings being changed. Im real glad i read these posts

I pulled the card out and after a few seconds the picture is gone, put the card back in and the picture comes back.
I had a flick through some more channels, sport and movies, and I get them too !
I couldn't believe and I suppose I will lose them soon but it put a smile on my face.

m8, youd be surprised at how many people rip sky out, but dont actually cancel the direct debit, so carry on paying for the service theyve scrapped. i had a card that i was expecting to last about a month at most last for about 11 months in the girlfriends house

enjoy it while it lasts :)

m8, youd be surprised at how many people rip sky out, but dont actually cancel the direct debit, so carry on paying for the service theyve scrapped. i had a card that i was expecting to last about a month at most last for about 11 months in the girlfriends house

enjoy it while it lasts :)

Oh man, I wish I had tried this card months ago when i got it.
If the card info that CCcam spits out is anything to go by, the various entitlements on the card are dated around the end of december this year.

id imagine, at a rough guess off the top of my head, that its set to expire at midnight on the 23rd of december m8, if it doesnt get a 'stay alive' or a 'kill' signal between now and then, then itll auto expire at this date. check it again in 3 weeks time and youll probably find its changed ;)

I am very wet behind the ears regarding sly and satellites so bear with me please, I have a sky package with a fixed dish.

If I had a dream 500s and I put the sly card in the dream, would I get any more channels or just the subscribed ones?

Cheers

Mark

Back