Which cable box is best?

shaunpad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm Thinking Of Buying A Cable Box, But Not Sure Which Is Best.
Do I Go For Starview, Eurovox Max Or Digivox?
Any Help Would Be Helpfull.

I'm Thinking Of Buying A Cable Box, But Not Sure Which Is Best.
Do I Go For Starview, Eurovox Max Or Digivox?
Any Help Would Be Helpfull.

look at the eurovox max easy to use , most on ebay have software on them . plug in and scan

I have a dreambox, really small, works perfectly with N*L in Ireland.

Dreambox 500 all the way, especially the cheap clone 500's from China (75 quid including recorded/tracked international postage).

Be aware that you will need half a brain to use it, you don't need to be a rocket scientist - just someone that can read.

(Don't u just love these 'which box is best' threads)

I have a Eurovox Max with the latest firmware - Works like a dream :) EPG is immediate, now and next works perfectly now, channel's change immediately, get all channels with only 80% signal which is good I guess.

I have a Dreambox 500c and 500s in the post at the moment and am looking forward to having a play with these but I guess if you want reliable plug and play go for a Eurovox Max.

Have you seen many people asking for help with Max's?

The Max is a good choice but I would also consider the New Digivox. It currently has good reviews and is cheaper than the Eurovox.

Dreambox 500-c working perfectly for me on t/west-virgin north west lancs area.

regards,auldforgi

I have a dbox , which is good... But dreambox's are the way forward, the dm7025 is the bollox, but it costs around 400 notes

Last edited:
which is best one to get skymovies/adult channels back
without asking pin

Think they all ask for a pin???? But the channels you are looking for will be elsewhere in your services file. Hence you should be able to modify your files according to suit, or a least with the dbox and dreambox anyhow.

Last edited:
i got the dreambox 500 and iam quite happy with it just few thing more to figure out though but shouldnt be to hard with digital worldz at my fingers

Just got a Dreambox 500C, had problems trying to get an image to flash onto. Got an image DW_UK_1.6.img, used a null modem cable via DreamUp downloaded onto PC and hey, its working a treat.

So I'm another fan of Dreambox.

I'm not much of a techie and still trying to figure out how to connect directly to PC using crossover, but hey thats for another post.

dreambox

dude I have a dreambox and it works perfectly. I have a TIVO frontendingthe dreambox and that way the rest of the family remain happy with the interface: multi :

dreamboxes are great for features but for a good reliable machine i'd use the eurovox. ive had the eurovox max 2006 blue box for a while now and the gui is very quick and easily programmed.

You will find it hard to get an original dreambox 500C at the mo. I think it has been replaced by the 600C PVR.

johnny elvis

hi,i have just bought the dreambox 500s,i run the setup wizard and all i got was a few channels,i am new to this,can any tell me what i am doing wrong,i read that you have to flash or dreamup the box but i dont know how to do this,please help.

hi,i have just bought the dreambox 500s,i run the setup wizard and all i got was a few channels,i am new to this,can any tell me what i am doing wrong,i read that you have to flash or dreamup the box but i dont know how to do this,please help.

you bought the 500s, thats the satelite model mate ?? i think possibly you have the wrong box, for cable you should have bought the 500c, not the 500s, maybe you just mistyped ?? i dunno, you never stated whether you are on cable or satelite.

p.s
you will get moaned at by people for posting directly in here with your first post, its always recomended you go in the room that lets you introduce yourself and say hello first mate, i dont have a prob with it but i know some others will, so get yer arse in there and say hello, hehehehe....

Last edited:
If getting a dbox2 make sure it is a nokia. I have nothing but trouble with sagems and all the nokias are very stable.

Back