Which 37" LCD TV?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, Myself and the missus are looking too purchase a new LCD TV as a late Xmas present to ourselves. And just wondered if anyone could suggest a good one?

We are looking for a 37" LCD TV we like the look of the LG ones & also the Samsung ones ! Not really sure what all the 720P & 1080P is about aswell as HDMI sockets etc. We are NOT looking to connect any sort of Games Console to the TV in the near future ! But not too say we wont in years too come ! So just thought I would post here and see if anyone could suggest a decent TV or two ?

I have read about LCD TV's with built in Hard drives are these any good ? Will we need to buy a TV with a built in Digital Tuner or can we just use the Virgin Media Service to receive the digital signal? Is it worth getting one with Freeview built in ?

Any help greatly received.

Cheers DGC808

hi m8
If you look in bargains there is a nice full hd (1080p) 42" for £550 which also has 4 hdmi (for high def connection/ps3/xbox/blueray) which is good .
You dont need digital tuner if you are using virgin as that will give you your digital through there box,dont know about hard drives on tv so can t help there.
I am sure i read its hard to diffirentaite between 720p or 1080 p unless you are viewing 50" up but wouldnt like to argue

cheers chronoman

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW thats a good tv there Tony and an amazing price,i'd go for that one m8, 50.000 contrast ratio too,my samsung has 30.000 and the picture is brilliant on that :Cheers:

Hi, i had a good look around for about 5 weeks at all the different LCD tv's that are around from beginning of November. And to be honest they all brag about this connection or that connection 1080p or 1080i,but to be honest, it all boils down to what the bloody picture quality is like. Now the 1080p is the best you can get at the moment, what it means is that the screen supports 1900 x 1080 native screen resolution without having any fancy software built in that fakes it (Interpolation). but you probably wouldnt notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p unless you goto above 44" screens. If you can afford it then get it if you cant dont worry to much. Now the best colour reproduction and screen speed(No Blur from fast moving images), proper black blacks and proper white whites were on the Panasonic VIERA models and thats what i brought, and they are fantastic. but go somewhere like Comet where you can view all the different makes alongside each other and see for yourself. Also the Which reviews which you can find via Google rate them very highly aswell.. anyway hope it helps..

Rgds

Hi, i had a good look around for about 5 weeks at all the different LCD tv's that are around from beginning of November. And to be honest they all brag about this connection or that connection 1080p or 1080i,but to be honest, it all boils down to what the bloody picture quality is like. Now the 1080p is the best you can get at the moment, what it means is that the screen supports 1900 x 1080 native screen resolution without having any fancy software built in that fakes it (Interpolation). but you probably wouldnt notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p unless you goto above 44" screens. If you can afford it then get it if you cant dont worry to much. Now the best colour reproduction and screen speed(No Blur from fast moving images), proper black blacks and proper white whites were on the Panasonic VIERA models and thats what i brought, and they are fantastic. but go somewhere like Comet where you can view all the different makes alongside each other and see for yourself. Also the Which reviews which you can find via Google rate them very highly aswell.. anyway hope it helps..

Rgds

Well Said!

Hi all, Just a quick post to say I bought the 42" LCD TV that was posted at the top of this thread ! And I can say I am well chuffed with it :thumbsup: So a big :THANKS: goes out to Tony for posting the link :ur the man:

:Cheers:DGC808

Got one myself:) (ordered online) but apparently the stores had 50 each and sold out on day 1

Was in the store the other day and a guy said there that they should be getting some more back in with a few weeks but not at that price - maybe around the £750 mark

Hi Tony, We went too Currys on boxing day and they had none in stock at 3.00pm, the guy in the shop said you could order 1 for home delivery but we would be lucky too get one ! So we went too PC World and they had 4 left in stock at 3.15pm from a stock of 9 when they opened on boxing day morning. Wor lass wanted me to buy the LG5010 37" for the same price as the LG7000 42" and I was like NO WAY WOMAN ! Then the day after boxing day you get all the John Lewis adverts for lcd tv's and wor lass is saying that a tv at John Lewis is cheaper than the one we have just bought ! And I said I its cheaper but its PANTS compared too the one we have just bought.

Cheers DC

Back