Where to put voices (mio 268)

danez

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys i have tt5 installed on the mio 268 and all appears to be working except the voices, could someone please help as i am pulling my hair out at the moment.
Cheers and merry Christmas.

The voices (both .CHK & .VIF files) go in the VOICES folder on the root of your memory card.

They'll be names DATA14.CHK & DATA14.VIF or slong those lines.

Thanks Devilfish i will give it a go now matey.

well Devilfish affraid that dident work matey, already has them on the card lol.

So what exactly is not happening?

Goto Change Preferences > Change Voice (Page 5)

Can you scroll through the different voices?

In the application (tomtom 5) i have the images of the languages that you can change and can scroll through yes, but they are greyed out, i get sound when i approach speed cameras ok, but no spoken directions

When scrolling through the voices...select Test. It should give you a snip of a random direction.

See if that works!

Also, the first page of Change Preferences there is an option to turn the sound ON and OFF. Make sure it's turned ON.

here goes

ok i did one of these for a m8 ages ago you put them somewhere on the actual device and not the memory card m8 i think u make a folder called voice then put all the voices in there but i cant remeber exactly where the folder goes then so i recon u just try a few places on the device
tell us how u go on please and if i remeber anymore i will let u know

hi mate, i believe you copy the voices to 'my document' on your system not the card. Worth a try!

I would be grateful if you could tell me how you install tt on you 268, i have a 269+ and would like to install tt on it.

Many thanks in advance.

how too

all the info you need is here m8 http://***.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28427&whichpage=1 and your looking for the file customio basicaly all you do is copy your install cd to your pc then swap one file for the customio u download then when u go to install it of your pc it installs something called banana pc so your mio then looks like a pda and you can brows files e.c.t. and also intall tomtom of the sd card

i hope its ok to post this link btw !

Back