CD & DVD where now? MUSIC DOWNLOAD

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
\i havent downloaded music since the demise of limewire is there any other source for this ?

yes mate for individual tracks use youtube , go to this webpage
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
YouTube to mp3 Converter and paste the address in
Capture-4.png
within less than 30 seconds you will have the track u want, you also have Torrents, and Rapidshare, megaupload, filserve, filsonic , pm sent also mate

Last edited:
i use the newsservers (astraweb) but some older stuff my be harder to get, and its easyer with the servers to get the full album rather than individual tracks

You can use the newsgroups for albums and individual tracks because most albums are posted as separate tracks any way, unless you insist on using NZB's.

Try binsearch for specific songs.
Binsearch -- Usenet search engine

I wouldnt recommend youtube as most videos have crap audio quality, but if you must then I would say get freemake video converter, it puts a button on any browser you just click the button on any youtube video and it will download and convert to any format you want like AVI, MKV (for HD videos) and also MP3 for audio only. it's simple to use and you can queue up as many tracks as you want and process them all in one hit. freemake also works with tons of other video sites, not just youtube.
Free Video Converter| MP4 FLV 3GP AVI MKV DVD| FREE Download

You could also try songr which will search the web for single tracks or albums.
Songr

Also you could use spotify or we7 and record the audio as you listen using any recording program like audacity or replay 4 (replay 4 gets the titles and tags when used with spotify).
we7 - Free Music, Listen to Music Free on we7 Radio - Love Your Music - Home

You could try filecrop which searches rapidshare, megaupload and hotfile.
FileCrop - Search and Download Rapidshare Megaupload and Hotfile Files

You can get tons of older stuff from IRC using MIRC or any other IRC client, this has been going long before WWW started or Newsgroups and is still a great place to get stuff. There are many servers and many great MP3 channels, try undernet.org and effnet is stil a good place for warez and warez chat.

Last edited:
i thought it was all torrents ,no? using utorrent client and all that

i thought it was all torrents ,no? using utorrent client and all that

torrents are still there but there are plenty of other methods as mentioned by previous posters.

You can get tons of older stuff from IRC using MIRC or any other IRC client, this has been going long before WWW started or Newsgroups and is still a great place to get stuff. There are many servers and many great MP3 channels, try undernet.org and effnet is stil a good place for warez and warez chat.

I am pretty sure that usenet started in before irc. I remember downloading stuff back in 89 before the invention of mp3.

I am pretty sure that usenet started in before irc. I remember downloading stuff back in 89 before the invention of mp3.

Quite correct, I got them the wrong way round. :)

IRC was created in 1988 and had binary transfers right from the start. It's still a great place to get music, and other stuff though. :)

Usenet was invented in 1979, and was only able to distribute 7-bit ASCII text. A method of transferring binary files into the text files on that the usenet uses was invented in the late 80's. yEnc was invented in 2001. MP3 were widely available in the early 90's.

But before all those was the BBS systems, which started in the mid 70's, and were good for getting various files and documents. Downloading a program on a 300 baud modem used to take an age though. :)

Torrents for me but also newsgroups if I need larger files due to better speed etc.

been using song r for a while now,it never lets me down.
you can download singles,albums,or if you don`t know the
song title you can just type in some lyrics and it will
give you the song title to play or to downlaod.

Bit late but simple one to try (not noticed this thread until resurrected)

h**p://beemp3.com/

Back