Where is it "saved"?

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I write a post, I see the occasional message at the bottom of the message window saying 'Auto-saved'. What it is doing? And can I retrieve the saved content? Reason I ask is I was almost at the end of a loooong post and lost the fizzing lot! It'd be nice to get it back again if poss.... (I've not closed that window)
Thx.

It's saved in the thread. If you open a new tab and return to that thread there will (hopefully) be an option to restore saved content when you click reply.

Like so...

Restore.JPG

I believe it is timed based, something like every minute it saves what you have written so far.

So if your PC crashed and you wrote a big post it would automatically have a draft saved. I doubt it would have the whole thread if you was typing out say 10,000 characters etc but it would have quite a bit of it as it would of saved it periodically as you typed.

Just remember it is time based SAVED so it saves your draft every minute or 30 seconds - i am not sure lol.

If you wrote out a small few lines of text and then you lost the page or pc crashed it might not have saved it at all.

I will find out though!

Mick

Back