iPhone Where have the apps gone ????

timekeeper

DW Regular
Reaction score
Ok i got my iphone 3g as well as the 2g lol , have jailbreaked it and added community sources to installer , thing is stuff that is available on my 2g dont seem to be showing up in installer on the 3g and ideas as to what i might have done wrong ??

Got suff installing the ipa way but just not got the apps i needed :(

Ok i got my iphone 3g as well as the 2g lol , have jailbreaked it and added community sources to installer , thing is stuff that is available on my 2g dont seem to be showing up in installer on the 3g and ideas as to what i might have done wrong ??

Got suff installing the ipa way but just not got the apps i needed :(

Do you have the v 2.x firmware on both phones?

They are now using Cydia in stead of Installer to install apps.

My 2g is still on 1.1.4 and 3g is 2.0.1 , have cydia and installer on both phones , installer

Only thing i can think of is the stuff im after off my 1.1.4 aint 2.x ready yet :( or they only available from the app store now :(

try updating your 2g to 2.1 and see if the same thing happens

Correct, Cydia has replaced Installer as the preferred means of getting apps onto the iPhone as Installer is slowly becoming a "pay for" app store.

Cydia has been completely re-worked for FW 2+ and a very large number of apps in Cydia and Installer are not compatible with FW 2+. They have to be repackaged to work so the best thing is either wait until they reappear or find an alternative app.

The best way to get apps is to use hackulo.us. To get this, add cydia.hackulo.us as a source in Cydia.

Then install from this source the following:

miPatch
Installous
AppShare

miPatch is a patch to allow you to install "unofficial" Apple apps. App Share is an "unofficial" source of Apple apps and Installous will install the "unofficial" Apple apps.

Before you can use AppShare, install one official Apple app from the App Store on your phone. Choose a free app (search Free). This opens the phone for Apple apps.

Then open AppShare and you will find all the Apple apps for free!

All the best

Back