Where do I start??

Johnnyringo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks I really need some help from you more educated people who know what they are talking about because I havent a scooby doo!!

I recently got my hands on a TM500super box which was in the local pub. I dont know what is installed on it or when it was last updated but I want to get it working with a dish I purchased lately and have yet to install on the wall.
What should I do first i.e put up the dish and just plug the box in and take it from there or will I switch the box on, do a factory reset and then start flashing images etc onto it and then hooking up to the dish to start looking channels?

Sorry if my post is basic but I am new to this and would love to know and learn a lot more about my new hobby, having already got an engineer to fit me up with a motorised dish and protek box I am intrigued by technology!

Thanks in advance for any help

Get the dish up first and then try the box and come back to us if stuck

Sent from my Ployer Momo 12

Finally got my dish set up on 28.2E and I am getting all the fta channels...I have UR software on the box which was installed in 2010 v2.1.1 and the file manager is TuxBox Commander so should I do an automatic search now of the satellite to see is there new channels available or what next?

Ultimately when all is said and done I want to get all the channels i.e sports, movies, kids etc on the box for a subscription of course so please advise me the best way to do this and feel free to PM me...

Thanks for your knowledge and much needed help folks!

Finally got my dish set up on 28.2E and I am getting all the fta channels...I have UR software on the box which was installed in 2010 v2.1.1 and the file manager is TuxBox Commander so should I do an automatic search now of the satellite to see is there new channels available or what next?

Ultimately when all is said and done I want to get all the channels i.e sports, movies, kids etc on the box for a subscription of course so please advise me the best way to do this and feel free to PM me...

Thanks for your knowledge and much needed help folks!

if you read through this thread mate.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/263430/
i set up my tm500s with help from the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back